What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growler = done.

Watching the tourney on the iPad because the kids want the TV.

God, if only Bill Belichick's wife met me in Vegas.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395507140.852652.jpg

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Um, what is that?

Eggs scrambled with breakfast sausage, potatoes, onion and tomato topped with salsa and cheddar cheese. Not the best picture as I had already dug into it, but it was quite tasty.

Sent from a happy place where March madness doesn't exist

Eggs scrambled with breakfast sausage, potatoes, onion and tomato topped with salsa and cheddar cheese. Not the best picture as I had already dug into it, but it was quite tasty.

Sent from a happy place where March madness doesn't exist

Photoshop.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

My Harvester of Sorrow.

Buzzed.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395510363.265116.jpg

Not sure why the flocc my phone took this pic with a filter, but it did. FML.

Final Absolution. May need something stronger. I believe I milled my grain way too fine and it's looking ugly.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395510426.319352.jpg

Keep vorlaufing.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I did. Several gallons. It cleared quite a bit during the sparge but I got some nasties in there. Also ended with way more pre-boil volume than I expected. Like a gallon and a half more. Oh, well. I'm having a beer, smoking a cigar and listening twosome Eagles on a Pandora. Life has been worse.

You could. I don't know that 30 more mins will get rid of an extra gallon and a half but it will get you closer at least. Just make sure to start your hop schedule 30 mins into the boil instead of at the beginning.

You could. I don't know that 30 more mins will get rid of an extra gallon and a half but it will get you closer at least. Just make sure to start your hop schedule 30 mins into the boil instead of at the beginning.

That was the plan. I suspect my gallon and a half estimate is off. For that to be accurate, there could be no grain absorption.

Water at the moment.

ramble

Stopped by the bottle shop to get some items for a trade. First one didn't have what I wanted, but not only did the second one have it, the local New Belgium rep was pouring samples. Got him to possibly donate/collaborate with our HB club, and he will probably join too!

/ramble

Anyway... Think I went overboard at the bottle shop? My cellar was looking anemic, wanted to beef it up a bit before posting pics to the thread.

Obviously not aging it all, but die some good long termers in there.

Also ended up with a half growler of dewclaw chocolate coconut porter and a full of DC Brau OTWOA. Good weekend ahead!

1395513768862.jpg

1395513788215.jpg

1395513801533.jpg

I did. Several gallons. It cleared quite a bit during the sparge but I got some nasties in there. Also ended with way more pre-boil volume than I expected. Like a gallon and a half more. Oh, well. I'm having a beer, smoking a cigar and listening twosome Eagles on a Pandora. Life has been worse.

Good stuff. Just enjoy a few beers while it boils off to your target.

I'm having another water with lunch. I feel buzzed as hell after 3 DIPAs. Very weird. ****.

The beer gods saw my plight and swooped in to save the day. 30 mins into my boil, the mail truck pulled up. Inside said truck was a 100 micron biodiesel filter I did not expect until the middle of the week. Should keep some of that grain husk out of my fermenter.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395515771.048681.jpg

I went on a long hike, I planted a magnolia tree in my front yard, I laid down a bunch of mulch in my backyard but I still need more, and now I enjoy a refreshing tank 7 after about a gallon of water.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395516188.511556.jpg

Yeungling... For those of you who remember my gfs parents wood stove caught on fire a few months ago... Everything was covered except the 4 Wheeler..The front end was burnt pretty bad... I spent the Last few months fixing it up... Its not pretty but it's functional... Took about $300 bucks but my gfs dad is happy.... Rant over

1395516974722.jpg

1395516991593.jpg

1395517005846.jpg

Latest posts

Back