What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb chocolate porter... This one was with San Francisco lager yeast....I've done 3 batches with San Fran lager.... I think its a terrible yeast

I love that yeast, but I only use it for California Commons and Baltic Porters. I ferment around 58F with it, ramp up to room temp when it's almost finished, then lager it for about 2 weeks (which it technically shouldn't need, but I have found it helps). I always get a nice, clean fermentation from it but I double pitch over what I would with a typical ale yeast.

Drinking water for now, celebratory brews later though.

Sitting on MetroNorth with Sixpoint Righteous Ale

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coff Stout.

For some reason, this glass makes it taste like Heady Topper. Really makes the aroma come out, too, I'd say. This glass makes miracles happen.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394062501.149868.jpg

F it. Another Coff Stout. Bring the pain. Nightcap.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394062822.938947.jpg

I said I would not drink tonight but what the hell else am I supposed to do with my samples of my wanna be stout that turned out brown and my blonde ales?

Anyone put vanilla in a brown? Does that sound terrible? I have 4 gallons of it that I was thinking of putting vanilla in and 4.5 gallons of the same that I was thinking of leaving. This was a Rouge Shakespeare stout that was scaled up wrong by the LHBS (and me) and turned out a roasty (if that is possible) brown. I intended one to be vanilla and the other to be something else.

Then my 10 gallon batch of blonde ale where I accidentally pitched US-05 then Denny's and the other got US-05 (don't ask, I lack intelligence). I love Denny's not just because it definitely did dominate, but because it just tastes better. That bucket got 4 pounds of strawberries just now, the US-05 will remain as is.

So that is what I am drinking. 4 oz of each of those 4 samples.

I love that yeast, but I only use it for California Commons and Baltic Porters. I ferment around 58F with it, ramp up to room temp when it's almost finished, then lager it for about 2 weeks (which it technically shouldn't need, but I have found it helps). I always get a nice, clean fermentation from it but I double pitch over what I would with a typical ale yeast.

Drinking water for now, celebratory brews later though.

I'll have to try that thanks... I have a common i used it on it the fridge i should try again.... I feel like it tastes like the yeast didn't fall out of suspension

Want... I can only find the milk stout nitro around here. Would like to try ^ and the sawtooth on nitro

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've really been wanting to try these too. We just got this and the sawtooth in early this week. There's one in the fridge chilling now. Can't wait to crack it open.

I wish it looked as good as his did! What happened to him? He hasn't been here in quite a while.

Still the same, wondering what's next.

Haha. Long story. Long floccing story.

I wish it looked as good as his did! What happened to him? He hasn't been here in quite a while.
Still the same, wondering what's next.

He was called out as a liar and a theif which he was. He was basic an a-hole that deserve to get kicked out

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Found this poor guy in the back of the keezer neglected and past his prime. Can't believe I forgot about it. Still not bad though, but nothing like it is when fresh. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394065751.197283.jpg
With dinner. Venison green chile stew. Mmmmm, so good!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394065996.764622.jpg

I said I would not drink tonight but what the hell else am I supposed to do with my samples of my wanna be stout that turned out brown and my blonde ales?

Anyone put vanilla in a brown? Does that sound terrible? I have 4 gallons of it that I was thinking of putting vanilla in and 4.5 gallons of the same that I was thinking of leaving. This was a Rouge Shakespeare stout that was scaled up wrong by the LHBS (and me) and turned out a roasty (if that is possible) brown. I intended one to be vanilla and the other to be something else.

Then my 10 gallon batch of blonde ale where I accidentally pitched US-05 then Denny's and the other got US-05 (don't ask, I lack intelligence). I love Denny's not just because it definitely did dominate, but because it just tastes better. That bucket got 4 pounds of strawberries just now, the US-05 will remain as is.

So that is what I am drinking. 4 oz of each of those 4 samples.

You could always try and add something like hazelnut or a brown sugar/pecan (pie) combo into the brown. Don't know how the vanilla would go. Doesn't fit in my mind's eye.

Bengali Tiger.

1394066655312.jpg

SN Torpedo and a clone.

3 weeks in the bottle for the clone. A little hazy but damn good overall. Probably the best hoppy beer that I have made to date.

Amazing aroma and hop flavor.

TorpedoClone.jpg

Lame no pic, too lazy. Some of my young blueberry wine. Awesome aroma-just wish it tasted as good as it smells. Still cant get into dry wines but I can with some fruit wines kinda,still I like some balance and prefer the semi-sweet ones. They also seem to astringent to me and dry as a beer drinker that combo is something I cannot comprehend well... At all. Its pretty tart but I like the character of it more than a red dry wine. Im hoping the tartness mellows out with age. Now that Im kinda glad that is over,Ill be having my last......

Hopslam. Work really sucked today.

It was a whole deal a few months ago. He lied that he had a kid and his expensive brewing equipment and beer was stolen so some people on here sent him a sorry gift for his trouble. Though he was not married, he lied about working for a brewery and basically stole from members here. That's the basic story but there is more to it

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Back