What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thumbs but I remember little wax bottles like that.

Also, candy buttons stuck to rolled up wax paper. And candy cigarettes and cigars.

I think there's still an old candy store in my town that has all that "penny candy" type ****.

And the bottles are still available
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392876841.767411.jpg

Cigarettes and cigars are still available also, which I am amazed by....

No thumbs but I remember little wax bottles like that.

Also, candy buttons stuck to rolled up wax paper. And candy cigarettes and cigars.

I think there's still an old candy store in my town that has all that "penny candy" type ****.

I remember the candy cigarettes as well. Ha! Those world never survive now days.

Oh, no way!
Who else frikkin loves these!?!
View attachment 180743

i loved those things.

the thing that amazed me is the 'marketing material' for the cigarettes

Bubble Gum Cigarettes - a fun, novelty chewing gum from back in the day! Each Bubble Gum Cigarette pack has 8 oink bubble gum sticks covered in a paper wrapper and they still blow fake smoke!

bolding was mine - it was powdered sugar that you blew thru the bubble gum to get a 'puff of smoke'...

oh, and to stay on topic and in case anyone cares - another hoppy mess ipa - i dont think ill be very productive t work on Thursday...

i loved those things.

the thing that amazed me is the 'marketing material' for the cigarettes

Bubble Gum Cigarettes - a fun, novelty chewing gum from back in the day! Each Bubble Gum Cigarette pack has 8 oink bubble gum sticks covered in a paper wrapper and they still blow fake smoke!

bolding was mine - it was powdered sugar that you blew thru the bubble gum to get a 'puff of smoke'...

oh, and to stay on topic and in case anyone cares - another hoppy mess ipa - i dont think ill be very productive t work on Thursday...

Nothing like kids puffing powdered sugar "smoke" from a bubble gum cigarette. :D
What about the children! The children! I don't know about anyone else, but I had those things and I grew up to be a normal member of society. I don't even smoke! Imagine that!

I won't be firing on all cylinders, but I do have to work tomorrow. Last sip of the BBA DIPA and my drinking buddy is passed out. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392878643.259416.jpg
I guess it's time to hit the hay.

Nothing like kids puffing powdered sugar "smoke" from a bubble gum cigarette. :D
What about the children! The children! I don't know about anyone else, but I had those things and I grew up to be a normal member of society. I don't even smoke! Imagine that!
i live in Colorado = smoke it if you got it!

And i am a member of society, but few would refer to me as 'normal'. Which i take as a compliment. :)

i think i know what i will give out for candy for Halloween next year...

And i am a member of society, but few would refer to me as 'normal'. Which i take as a compliment. :)

Yes! Do it!
And I meant productive member of society not normal. I'm nowhere near normal nor do I want to be.

Ditto. This store has those and the wax bottles, the candy buttons too. Chuckles and all that stuff.

That would be awesome if you did that!!!

Yes! Do it!
And I meant productive member of society not normal. I'm nowhere near normal nor do I want to be.
well there you go - productive is not normal...

i think we hijacked this thread enough, i'm out for the night...
tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel

Wow, step out last night to meet with some guys in my homebrew club and the thread goes nuts! We met at the tap room of a nano started by a club member (it's about six months old now) and I had an English strong ale infused with a lot of coffee - great brew. Our next homebrew club meeting will be there so I look forward to sampling some more.

On the plus side, we worked out the recipe and plan for the sour saison the eight of us will be brewing and then moving to a barrel after Easter. Including each of us bringing a nice sour to barrel transfer day so we can all share and pitch dregs. I am really looking forward to this brew. :)

The Mellow Mushroom by me actually has a ton of good beer, does yours only have macros? (I actually enjoy a PBR or 12 from time to time)

They have a good selection. I was just being funny, it was the last beer I had and it was $1.50. I had St. Theresa's Pale Ale, White Street Stout, G'Knite, and then PBR. I think. Before that I had a blonde ale and an ESB at another brewery.

Drinking water.
Anyone know why or "how" you add a blanket of CO2 to a keg before racking? I've never heard of that but just read it here somewhere.

Anyone know why or "how" you add a blanket of CO2 to a keg before racking? I've never heard of that but just read it here somewhere.

I just connected up the gas to the closed keg and purge a couple times. Then you can rack into it. And if you really want to be ridiculous you can attach a beer out quick disconnect to the end of your tubing coming out of the racking cane (I just screwed it into the tubing) and rack in through the beer out side and use the PRV or an unattached gas in QD to vent pressure.

I just connected up the gas to the closed keg and purge a couple times. Then you can rack into it. And if you really want to be ridiculous you can attach a beer out quick disconnect to the end of your tubing coming out of the racking cane (I just screwed it into the tubing) and rack in through the beer out side and use the PRV or an unattached gas in QD to vent pressure.

But once I open the keg to rack the beer, won't the co2 escape?
I don't have the other stuff. I thought I just racked, added co2, pulled the release valve, add more co2 and rinse and repeat a couple times.

What happened last night? When I woke up this morning I had been dreaming about vintage candy and Volkswagens.
:D

I don't have the other stuff. I thought I just racked, added co2, pulled the release valve, add more co2 and rinse and repeat a couple times.

CO2 is heavier than air so it won't escape and be replaced with air. You might hear some release if the keg is at a higher pressure, but it will still be filled with CO2.

Not all that fast. Do you worry after removing the lids on your fermenters? You do not have to worry about pre-purging the keg. I usually just rack into the keg, put on pressure and release the gas a couple times to purge any O2 that may have gotten in. Your method works fine.

I can't multi quote in the app I guess but thanks for the tips. I'm getting my system today and I'll be going to get my tank filled as soon as it comes. I have two beers ready to go into kegs, neither are more than 3.5 gallons each but that's okay. I'm excited about it. Nervous but excited.

Drinking espresso. I took the day off, it's a perfect day to go take my bike to get inspected.

I can't multi quote in the app I guess but thanks for the tips. I'm getting my system today and I'll be going to get my tank filled as soon as it comes. I have two beers ready to go into kegs, neither are more than 3.5 gallons each but that's okay. I'm excited about it. Nervous but excited.

Drinking espresso. I took the day off, it's a perfect day to go take my bike to get inspected.

Dont forget you have a package landing today :mug:

You have to highlight all the ones you want to quote and hit quote. It should pull all you highlighted in a single message. :mug:

Water and an apple

Coffee.

Just found out the new LHBS a few blocks away from my apt is opening next week. Planning the hop schedule for an IPA to use up some open/old hops in the freezer. A little Chinook for bittering, then hop bursting with Centennial and Cascade. With that alone, my BU/OG ratio is looking pretty good, but I'm wondering if I should throw in some late Simcoe or Columbus too. Thoughts/advice from anyone?

Dont forget you have a package landing today :mug:
I know, my kegging equipment! :D
But also per my Parcel app, yours will be here as well. :mug:
You have to highlight all the ones you want to quote and hit quote. It should pull all you highlighted in a single message. :mug:

Water and an apple

That still doesn't work on iPhone ... it won't let you highlight multiple posts :(

^ This. It is stupid because in the Tapatalk app, I can multiquote like none other. Stupid crap.

Back