What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn this snow is heavy.

1391642812172.jpg

1391642833806.jpg

So far tonight, a bottle of Founders Centennial IPA, a small fermenter sample of my Sour Stout, and now my meh Maris Otter Willamette SMaSH (hops weren't the freshest, and it shows).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391646462.327361.jpg

Not yet sure about this one. Big juicy tropical fruit flavor, but I'm getting nothing on the nose.

Probably just me tonight. I'll try again tomorrow...

A root beer old fashioned made with home made sassafras cocktail bitters. Prolly a beer soon...

"I will make it felony to drink small beer. "

My other Zombie Dust and the parting is such sweet sorrow. Will definitely have to find this again someday. I'm comparing this to my Citralicious (no pic), even though one's a pale ale and the other's a DIPA. There's no mistaking that they're both all Citra beers. The ZD has a touch more body and Citralicious is only very slightly lighter in color. I bet if I brewed Citralicious with a reduced grain/hop bill it would be passable clone brew.

20140205_201000 by inhopsicated, on Flickr

My First Gold Burton ESB. One of my more standout excellent brews. Maybe Ill enter it into a comp if I think about it.

IMG_20140205_192845138_HDR (2).jpg

I had an over-carbed cider and I'm polishing off my cluster pale ale.
My boss called to have me work some more, it's urgent. He asked if I was drunk I said I was not. He said I sounded drunk and I said I had just gotten off the phone and I was crying. I don't think he was prepared for that at all. He laughed, uncomfortably and said I sounded drunk, I assured him it was cry voice not drunk voice.

Moral of the story, crying may get you out of working too late. I only had to fix one report and I was done. :D In truth, I'd rather be drunk face though. That's a much happier place. :)

I think I'll have another before I go to bed. Why the **** not...what shall it be? That Kreik from Joe (coyote68) sounded neat. I had to google what it was.
ramble ramble...

Lost abbey saints devotion. Nice stuff. Light Brett funk, solid bitterness.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391653880.421724.jpg

Now I am comparing Citralicious (right) to Citra Mantra. I have to be very honest and say that aside from color I can't really tell the difference. If I were blindfolded I'd say they were the same beer. Even as a lager the hop character in Citra Mantra overwhelms any lager smoothness/crispness that's present in the base beer, so it tastes more like an ale.

Untitled by inhopsicated, on Flickr

Some gravity samples of my lager (left) and steam beer (right) the lager came out really light colored....

**Off topic** just locked down tickets to the craft beer fest in may in Boston for me my gf and my buddy who lives in Boston.... Anyone else going?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

1391654450490.jpg

I like beer but can't stand the Bean. Cone through CT.

Water for the rest of the night.

Back