What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously. I've been here since 2009, I don't think I recall the state in such disarray after snow. The kids in the neighborhood; however, were elated.

2nd cup of coffee while I look around online and think about kegging setups. The constant texts from Turbo Tax about my return being accepted and approved is getting me antsy. This guy who is replacing my heat best get here quickly while the money is in the bank. :ban:

You think that is tough to not spend. I just got roomates from having the space empty for 4 months. One of them paid deposit and rent in cash. I have to keep remembering/telling myself that this money is for the mortgage not brewing. The checks were easier because its not in my hand.

It stinks that your heat needs servicing, never a fun cost. Hope your toes get toasty soon and the money doesnt burn too big a hole in your pocket.

Here it is https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457561

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Where did the thread go?

You think that is tough to not spend. I just got roomates from having the space empty for 4 months. One of them paid deposit and rent in cash. I have to keep remembering/telling myself that this money is for the mortgage not brewing. The checks were easier because its not in my hand.

It stinks that your heat needs servicing, never a fun cost. Hope your toes get toasty soon and the money doesnt burn too big a hole in your pocket.

Actually, I have two units so the downstairs has been basically saving me during the winter. During late summer when it went out literally a month after a pipe burst, I tried to power through the heat but ended up buying a window unit. I think they look trashy on a house but it is in the master bedroom so that faces the back of the house. That saved me during summer. Its been a matter of needing a large chunk of change right away. I refused to finance it unless it was interest free financing. It's the air handler, total replacement as repair will cost $200 less, for that difference, I may as well get a new one.

The remaining cash will go to a home warranty. The one I had was 100% useless (tried to use it for a duct issue then the pipe bursting) which I'll buy up front. Now that I am more savvy in the world of home warranties, I know what I need and I'll pay for that. I have it on good authority that it will pay for itself in a year's time, give or take. I can't get the warranty and claim the air handler issue because that is fraud. No one understands why that bug me, which is very shocking.

Anything left, I think I should use it towards kegs. I think that is the better choice since I seem to do okay with my swamp coolers for now and I'm 100% tired of the all-consuming hoard of bottles. I'll still bottle a bigger beer, but I'll switch to bombers.

Sorry for the ramble. I realize this is off topic, out of line, probably ensuring my arrival in hell or something like that. But I am drinking water. Soon to be more water while I look for breakfast.

tl;dr Heat, warranty, kegs...:D

Coffee and water. The lab is freaking cold this morning. Which sucks. Probably going to keg my Mild tonight. Need to check the other goodies i have and plan my next few brews.

There are a few Pro-Ams at local breweries one is scotish/irish ale and the other is rather open as an indigenous ale (local). For that one I was thinking an Jalapeno/Cucumber Saison like my mead but you think they will pick that or pass it because of the ingredients or Another im thinking is Pecan Pie stout/porter. Any opinion?

Hitting the hard stuff this morning, grapefruit soda. ;)

Coffee and water. The lab is freaking cold this morning. Which sucks. Probably going to keg my Mild tonight. Need to check the other goodies i have and plan my next few brews.

There are a few Pro-Ams at local breweries one is scotish/irish ale and the other is rather open as an indigenous ale (local). For that one I was thinking an Jalapeno/Cucumber Saison like my mead but you think they will pick that or pass it because of the ingredients or Another im thinking is Pecan Pie stout/porter. Any opinion?

I say go for the jal/cuke. I'm sure almost everybody will be doing pecan beers. I'm still toying with a grapefruit recipe.

Sent from my cell while on suicide watch. Someone, please give me my shoestrings back!!

Water. Just finished spending 2 1/2 hours shoveling the heaviest snow I've ever encountered. Will have to go out again to keep on top of it - and I see they've upped our totals to 8+" #CrappyMonday

Water. Just finished spending 2 1/2 hours shoveling the heaviest snow I've ever encountered. Will have to go out again to keep on top of it - and I see they've upped our totals to 8+" #CrappyMonday

We are getting 5-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Hoping for no work tomorrow! :mug:

Really depends on how open the judges are, which from my experience is hit and miss. I would probably go with a Pecan Pie Porter personally, it seems like something more people would be open to. We have a new local brewery (Actually named #1 new brewery in the world from BA or RB, which makes no sense to me) that made one and actually threw whole pies in the mash and people here went nuts for it.

Fresh bottle. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391446894.619748.jpg

I say go for the jal/cuke. I'm sure almost everybody will be doing pecan beers. I'm still toying with a grapefruit recipe.

Sent from my cell while on suicide watch. Someone, please give me my shoestrings back!!

You make a good point, that does have a better chance of standing out.

Really depends on how open the judges are, which from my experience is hit and miss. I would probably go with a Pecan Pie Porter personally, it seems like something more people would be open to. We have a new local brewery (Actually named #1 new brewery in the world from BA or RB, which makes no sense to me) that made one and actually threw whole pies in the mash and people here went nuts for it.
Pun intended? :D

I'm not going for heat in this just the sweet pepper. Like my mead. I'm sure people will have. It should stick out (hopefully) and hope they will enjoy it but like Brewhooligan said people are very picky but there are 2 jalapeno brews in texas alone right now (that i know)

You make a good point, that does have a better chance of standing out.

and it'll only be a one off too. I wonder if i should roast or use fresh jalapenos. I'm planning brewing it next weekend.

I'm not going for heat in this just the sweet pepper. Like my mead. I'm sure people will have. It should stick out (hopefully) and hope they will enjoy it but like Brewhooligan said people are very picky but there are 2 jalapeno brews in texas alone right now (that i know)

and it'll only be a one off too. I wonder if i should roast or use fresh jalapenos. I'm planning brewing it next weekend.

Are the jalepenos added during the boil, or secondary? If secondary, I would split in half and try both ways. I prefer roasted, but everyone's taste is different...

Early lunch beer after trudging thru the snow for the move out inspection on the old place. A couple bucks coming out of the security deposit for carpet cleaning, but otherwise it's all wrapped up.

Swung by the new local bottle shop and picked up this (Huvila Arctic Circle Ale w/ juniper twigs) and a Stille Nacht. The place is a little more expensive than my old spot, but they've got a good selection.

This one was cheap and I was almost expecting a drain pour but it's dreaming good! Rich winter ale, mild spice and delicious! Great steal for 1.99.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391449086.443649.jpg

Are the jalepenos added during the boil, or secondary? If secondary, I would split in half and try both ways. I prefer roasted, but everyone's taste is different...

I'll probably going to add them to the boil (end) and secondary. I'm going to remove the vain and seeds because heat is not my goal. I might roast a few but that'll be more of a pain for the brewery if it wins.. i mean when it wins :D

We are getting 5-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Hoping for no work tomorrow! :mug:

82 degrees here, I kind of miss snow, but the last time I lived where it snowed I was in middle school. Sounds like a pain to have to deal with. On my 4th water of the day.

82 degrees here, I kind of miss snow, but the last time I lived where it snowed I was in middle school. Sounds like a pain to have to deal with. On my 4th water of the day.

We dont really have a drive way to clear so its not too bad. Just have to un-bury our cars. Hopefully I wont have to do that until wednesday though!

HB coffee stout.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391452691.563304.jpg

My ESB. Want this to clear-up even more.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391452707.378727.jpg

Listening to Fred Everything.

Need a beer while I'm cleaning-up, of course.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391454153.496483.jpg

I bet chef is drinking a mad elf clone somewhere :D

Please provide 4 random single digit #s (I'll be playing them tonight in the NJ lottery pick 4) and if that works, I'll be asking you for 6 numbers.

Drinking some kombucha trying to heal my body from yesterday's damage.

Please provide 4 random single digit #s (I'll be playing them tonight in the NJ lottery pick 4) and if that works, I'll be asking you for 6 numbers.

Drinking some kombucha trying to heal my body from yesterday's damage.

I get half of what you win, in the form of beer please :D

Had to finish the last 2 bottles of Maximus @ lunchtime from my Superbowl
half-rack...
Whoa, drink more water between beers to avoid hop-head-ache.

Third st bitter neighbor black ipa to get things started. As pretty as it is I'm just about done with this snow.

Meow meow

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391464423.038267.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391464435.025575.jpg

Back