What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listening to the BN talk about the clone they brewed of this beer and now I'm going to have to brew it :) I like this a lot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1390013786215.jpg

Relaxing with some Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA, after a somewhat long brew day. Having a pump makes things much easier, no more manual vorlauf with a pitcher.

This sucks! No hops at all. I do not see the hype in this.

Well either they went back to the old label or that beer is at least 2 years old. Not that I'm a huge fan and it's possible I've whiskied my internet sarcasm meter defective. :drunk:

Should go get a beer. After the last couple days, I think drinking too much is inevitable.

Well either they went back to the old label or that beer is at least 2 years old. Not that I'm a huge fan and it's possible I've whiskied my internet sarcasm meter defective. :drunk:

Should go get a beer. After the last couple days, I think drinking too much is inevitable.

You're both past the flu/colds, right?

Bought some beer for Ridire since I didn't ship it today and bought the other winner's beer. Also grabbed a couple for me but it's a mellow night because I have to be up early to brew. So Brown Shugga and next probably a bomber of something delicious.

That torpedo was bad, im a hop head but that was a veggie beer. Washing it down with a good IPA while watching dexter :D

This is like the Buffalo Sweat conversation last night. Is Torpedo a top notch IPA? In my opinion, no. But to say it's not a solid beer is silly.

Bought some beer for Ridire since I didn't ship it today and bought the other winner's beer. Also grabbed a couple for me but it's a mellow night because I have to be up early to brew. So Brown Shugga and next probably a bomber of something delicious.

I appreciate it. Have had some decent stuff that is new to me as a result of this whole fantasy football thing. AllenH's package is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm hoping for some Cigar City based on what I've seen him posting on here.

You're both past the flu/colds, right?

Wasn't flu, just hellacious and long lived colds, but yes, both over that. Have been replacing ceiling of in-laws basement last couple days which has involved unspeakable grossness and attempting to deal with their hoarding.

I appreciate it. Have had some decent stuff that is new to me as a result of this whole fantasy football thing. AllenH's package is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm hoping for some Cigar City based on what I've seen him posting on here.

I'm hoping you get some non-frozen beers, the extra day of shipping is killing me.

I have had Jai Alai. It's not as good as the top stuff from up here, in my opinion, but it's good and it's different.

I bet there is a couple in that box you haven't had yet, one that I would have no chance of replacing if it froze

Ooh...thanks for the reminder! Gotta take my diabeetus meds...wash 'em down with some home brew stout! I brewed this batch with some older extract I was given. It's got good head on the pour, but dissipated. The alcohol is on the heavy side for a stout and it's on the fruity/slightly sour side in addition to the smokiness.

IMAG2395.jpg

I bet there is a couple in that box you haven't had yet

Jai Alai is the only thing I've had in Florida that I can't get here. Like I said, it was good and I wouldn't mind seeing one in your package. I go to Florida once a year. I need to pick your brain about what to look for this spring.

And I've talked myself into one more Hopslam tonight. I need to have my boy to Boyscout camp at noon tomorrow but have nothing else going on.

Going to the Big Brew at Atlantic Brew Supply tomorrow? I think I'm going to go observe the process tomorrow and be prepared to participate in the February brew. (I just bottled a Belgian Strong Dark, so I'm just going to check it out...first time.)

Going to the Big Brew at Atlantic Brew Supply tomorrow? I think I'm going to go observe the process tomorrow and be prepared to participate in the February brew. (I just bottled a Belgian Strong Dark, so I'm just going to check it out...first time.)

I am, how'd you know?

I shouldn't have opened this but whatever.
Noel de Calabaza, tastes like a sour...sorta, barley wine...sorta. I dunno. :ban:

Well I've got hoppier homebrews, but nothing close Ibu-wise. A year has done wonders for this one.172940
Nuke, have a 2011 with your name on it buddy.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390015988.267371.jpg

Youre saying that one particular bottle of torpedo was bad yes? Because if youre saying torpedo is bad all the time..(does not compute)....

Thats just the thing, idk how old it is. A buddy gave a couple to me. It was just too much vegetable hop character for me.

Jai Alai is the only thing I've had in Florida that I can't get here. Like I said, it was good and I wouldn't mind seeing one in your package. I go to Florida once a year. I need to pick your brain about what to look for this spring.

And I've talked myself into one more Hopslam tonight. I need to have my boy to Boyscout camp at noon tomorrow but have nothing else going on.

We have some great beers coming out of this state, and a lot of the places are in the same area. I'm sure I could steer you in the right direction.

We have some great beers coming out of this state, and a lot of the places are in the same area. I'm sure I could steer you in the right direction.

Cool. I'll be on the other coast most of my trip this year but we end up in Tampa for the last few days. With this winter, that trip cannot come soon enough.

Giddyup to scouts. Son is in cubs and I'm an eagle.
Onto another pale while talking to my one coworker about going to the strip club. :thumbup:

Giddyup to scouts. Son is in cubs and I'm an eagle.
Onto another pale while talking to my one coworker about going to the strip club. :thumbup:

I'm somewhat ignorant to the scout world. My boy is a cub. He's only 8. It's funny because he wanted to join to do all the stuff that we do without scouts (fishing, camping, hiking, etc.) and he hasn't done any of that stuff with scouts yet. Tomorrow should be interesting. Cold weather outdoor activities. I'm outdoorsy but hate winter. I hibernate this time of year. I sold him on going by telling him they are shooting BB guns.

Back