What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of coffee but kind of thin to me.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388709285.515139.jpg

Drinking up some of my rye stout. My buddy got me this pint glass in Italy, it's a really cool souvenir, I think.

IMG_0687.jpg

What have you noticed since you quit? I need motivation haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I didn't really have any withdrawal symptoms besides the occasional craving. Now I don't get any. I also noticed improved sleep quality, sense of smell and taste and more energy in general and especially while working out.

Second one of these. OK, but probably won't buy again.

20140102_194500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Remmy said:
Anyone have Brooklyn Brewery Blast yet? I've heard it's packed with hops. It's something like 8.5%.

Awesome brew. Had a fresh growler full of it a few weeks ago and tried it at the brewery a while back. Got what we like to call "smacked!"

This is actually something I've been wondering and want to see if my palate will improve noticeably after a while.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

FermentNEthinG said:
Had some of these while getting ready to make a few gallons of mead.

I don't know how it happened...but I also finished a 750 of yet another 2009 apple cider.

Awesome.

image-27121900.jpg

New selection from Griffin Claw El Rojo Red ale. Its a little light in the hops but its really good. Great malty finish. Im really liking this new brewery, may have to visit this summer.

1388712704369.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Water for now ... looks like I picked a good day to make a ton of soup. Cut up the remains of the ham, boiled the bone for stock and made split pea and 15-bean soup. Going to come in very handy the next couple of days!

Awesomeness. I love the flavor the hambone gives off. Nothing like it.

I throw "sabor de jamon"
In my spanish black beans when im looking for a quick cheat method.

Enjoy the soup. Just finished eating some beef stew after the first shoveling and salting round. A brew coming up

Feeling under the weather today. So of course it's mandatory to make homemade chicken noodle soup.
Crappy pic, but oh well.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388713549.285322.jpg
Now drinking hot chocolate with Bailey's.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388713599.649077.jpg

Water break while debating on opening a bottle of 50/50 Evan Williams or Ivan the terrible. Both 2013.

I am leaning towards the Ivan, but am still undecided.

Marris otter Columbus SMaSH, very happy with the carb on this only been in the bottle two weeks and a day. My first ever all grain brew and loving it now if only I did a five gallon batch oh well

View attachment 169822

I stopped doing small batches when I made a really good beer that was a 2 gallon. It ticked me off pretty bad and decided Id always do 5 gals lol

Had so many problems with this beer from the sparge up to fern temps. But WOW! First AG what was to be a mild Cream Ale turned into a great Cream Ale with true body and good head. Flavor is right on point. This thing took 3 hours of boil time to hit 1.060 and came in at 1.004. Smooth! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388716748.990518.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388716765.808715.jpg

Now Jolly Pumpkin La Roja....soooo good, one of my faves. Problem is its my fiancees favorite beer so Im pretty sure this half glass is all Im getting before she confiscates the rest. She better be happy I love her! :D

1388717154542.jpg

Now Jolly Pumpkin La Roja....soooo good, one of my faves. Problem is its my fiancees favorite beer so Im pretty sure this half glass is all Im getting before she confiscates the rest. She better be happy I love her! :D

I hear ya. My wife said she was done after the Event Horizon until I brought this upstairs.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388717553.394211.jpg
Imperial stout blended with dark cherry sour from a friend in Philly. At least she just wanted a small glass.

Mine smells pretty spot-on. But tastes more like apricot.

Back