What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its almost New Years for most of you, I still got 3hrs:) It was a good end to the year. Had a Cassis Lambic, Caldera Pale, Vortex IPA and brewed some stout up and now I could not resist and broke open this chocolate, vanilla, oak, bourbon deliciousness that lets you know its 17%!!

uncle jacobs.jpg

Popping the cork and pouring the Champagne!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

All that food didn't cook itself. The potatoes were quite the project. Butter emulsion (I forget the french name) to poach lobster in broke and I had to start over, etc, etc..Will be ignoring the dishes until morning for sure!

Atta boy.

$10? Dang. Philly prices are rough. It should be about $7, $8 tops.

Burre monte? Contemplating my midnight beer.

Had another Flower Power and an Evil Twin Bikini Beer while hanging out with the wife and dog. Now having another Flower Power (4th) as we prepare to ring in the new year. I'll be drinking the obligatory bubbly at midnight, but I've got some other beer lined up for the first beers of 2014.

Nice! We had a party and still everyone's asleep but me... Got a chance to show off homebrew though. Happy New Year HBT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Been saving that? That's one I've been looking for.
Yeah been sitting on the 3 Days for a bit. Have another in the cellar--you're welcome to it but don't blame me if you don't like it.

Had planned on drinking one tonight - also from DC, but drinking red sour beers without my wife is not condusive to a happy marriage.

RU-55 did not disappoint. I guess there are advantages to the fact my wife is not a beer drinker. I have to be considerate with the nice bottles of wine but the beer is all mine.

Happy new year!!! Indont know how many ive had but its my bev of choice!

Hendricks and club. Drop of OJ again!!

Yeah been sitting on the 3 Days for a bit. Have another in the cellar--you're welcome to it but don't blame me if you don't like it.

RU-55 did not disappoint. I guess there are advantages to the fact my wife is not a beer drinker. I have to be considerate with the nice bottles of wine but the beer is all mine.

I'l admit to not having looked very hard. I think Hitachino is pretty overpriced, but that beer has a good story.

I drink a lot of nice bottles with out her, but red sour beers are her favorite other than maybe stouts. Which doesn't seem to be stopping me from drinking so many of these wild blackberry biere de gardes without her.

Had my Mango/Cayenne Short Mead earlier, followed by a crap bottle of Barefoot Pink Moscato "champagne" that my wife wanted, then my Smoked Black Saison. Probably have another one of those and then go to bed.

Unnecessary sampling? Is there really such a thing?

Yes, yes there is. When beers are going to age for 18 months+ and I know they aren't ready, sampling is unnecessary. I decided to have some Dickel 14 yr single barrel instead. I do wonder how the wild quad with figs and blueberry dark sour are doing though…

I told my wife I was going to make her breakfast before work in 4 hrs, so I might try and pull a Fuzzy at this point. Maybe I can get stuff together to brew tomorrow. Broke down and bought another 5 gallon better bottle to clear up a primary.

Yes, yes there is. When beers are going to age for 18 months+ and I know they aren't ready, sampling is unnecessary. I decided to have some Dickel 14 yr single barrel instead. I do wonder how the wild quad with figs and blueberry dark sour are doing though…

I told my wife I was going to make her breakfast before work in 4 hrs, so I might try and pull a Fuzzy at this point. Maybe I can get stuff together to brew tomorrow. Broke down and bought another 5 gallon better bottle to clear up a primary.

Yaaaaaaayy!!!! Lol Still enjoying this Oerbier. All your praise for it is correct Gabe

Finishing with a Flower Power. Want to get up at a gentlemanly hour to start brewing. Not too early, though, since it will be balls ass cold outside. Well, at least for us sissy New England coasters.

Back