What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Tripel on the front porch. Great weather outside.

View attachment 167261

My friend went to NEBCO today as they opened their new brewery across the road from the old one. He got there 45 minutes after they opened and said there were about 50 people in line and many with 2-3 growlers. Ridiculous. That's why I go there on weekdays at noon. The craft beer scene reminds me of the sneaker scene. People overpaying for beer, camping-out and doing whatever it takes to get a new/limited release. Bummer.

Or maybe it's just me?

Humbug.

He just messaged me to say a lot of the people in line had 6-8 growlers to fill. Jesus Christ!

If NEBCO is that ridiculous, I don't want to know what The Alchemist is like.

Can't blame her because both of our schedules this past week were insane, but the Mrs. left me tons of laundry to do this weekend...and there's nothing I hate more than doing laundry. If I have enough of these maybe I'll forget that I even did any wash today.

IMG-20131221-00070.jpg

I had to wait till today to get 12 bottles of my robust vanilla porter in the fridge after a couple days shy of 3 weeks carb time. Got the stouts in the fridge last Wednesday. Get some pics maybe Christmas eve. Last night,I tried one of the Whiskely stouts, It smelled of rwice-oaked bourbon,but the taste was slightly roasty coffee flavor. Godd,but bummer the bourbon flavor is already gone.

My HB Barista Brown coffee brown while being happy I decided against going to Kuhnhenn for Winter Solstice release today. Heard from a friend that it's turned into a total nightmare. People waiting for hours for their beer and not getting stuff they preordered and overrun by ****** hipsters who probably have no clue what they're buying.

ForumRunner_20131221_134239.jpg

I've got an Oatmeal Stout from a local brewery that I got a growler of a few days ago. Not a bad way to handle an infant screaming in the background.

Farmhouse pale. Looks like all the other pics I've posted, so I don't reckon ya'll need to see two more.

Wow, post 74.5K. If Wes gets drunk again tonight, we'll hit 75.

TNGabe said:
Farmhouse pale. Looks like all the other pics I've posted, so I don't reckon ya'll need to see two more.

We'd probably be a few posts closer if I hadn't fallen asleep so soon last night. ;)

Got into a homebrew Schwarzbier a little early...gotta do QC right? Trying to limit consumption until it is technically done...hard to do...really yummy. A few weeks ago sample was very roasty with a mild astringency. Now that has mellowed with no astringency...damn good. Between that, and sampling a few diff blends of my braggot, I've got a nice little holiday brewhouse buzz going on! ;-)

Schwarzbier 20131221_113805.jpg

is it cold in the Arctic Circle? bwahahahaa!!!

still on the coffee. but I did pick up more Abrasive, some Wild Plum, and LH's Nitro Milk Stout.:rockin:

Third new to me Colorado brewery in 2 days. On my way to airport I got notice my flight was delayed by 70 minutes.

So I figured I'd have a different flight

CAUTION : Brewing

Can't get the photo to upload. ..

ForumRunner_20131221_151342.jpg

Back