What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• image-2983739687.jpg
    image-2983739687.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 60
Keeping the beer rolling with some new pickups. Glad I was able to find some maple for the SWMBO and some new Almanac for myself. Whippersnapper English brown from Berryessa Brewing for myself at the moment

ForumRunner_20131207_130458.jpg

Had a Mexican chocolate and habanero stout earlier and had a nap during football game. Its just one of those days, 15°, gloomy and snowing. I may get off the couch for a Backwoods Bastard in a bit. :D

chadkarol said:
What's sarcasm? Is that a way to be a dick without it actually seem like you're being a dick?

How about another picture of your goose island collection? It's been at least two or three posts since we've seen it.

DisturbdChemist said:
Having TNGabe black Berliner wiess Slight tartness. Of course light and nice fruit flavor. The nose slight funk and fruit nose. The fruit bring a weird flavor but the tartness cuts it. I like it. Is it a sour mash? What's that smell. " oh that's fried p*ssycat

Slight tartness? I can only assume there's been a slow malolactic fermentation since that's been bottled. The perceived sourness was more intense when it was fresh, to the point I found it unenjoyable. It is sour mashed, fermented with brett and 05.

image-232081851.jpg

Speaking of Berliner Weisse, I'm not sure if I'm over the style or that they tend to suck, but this isn't great.

Billy-Klubb said:
that's the way we roll, yo. I was right about the weather tonight. it's gonna get Surly tonight on the Boulevard.
Haven't seen the gift packs. I might hafta pick one up if I see it. I don't have enough glasses.

hey DC, tell me how awesomely awesome with awesomeness I am and you might get a Surly or two. TNGabe gets some of that Bender though. previous promise.

How about another picture of your goose island collection? It's been at least two or three posts since we've seen it.

Slight tartness? I can only assume there's been a slow malolactic fermentation since that's been bottled. The perceived sourness was more intense when it was fresh, to the point I found it unenjoyable. It is sour mashed, fermented with brett and 05.

View attachment 164691

Speaking of Berliner Weisse, I'm not sure if I'm over the style or that they tend to suck, but this isn't great.

For me it has to be pretty sour for me to taste it. If it is mildly sour i do not notice it. Its has a nice sourness to it but something with the blackberries left an off taste to it. Its drinkable

bobmcstuff said:
Dogfish Head 90 minute

You can't get this for love nor money in the UK so I'm very excited to try it...

Welcome to the land o'plenty, where the streets are littered with DFH.

Billy-Klubb said:
don't worry, fellas. I did both to myself already. and got myself a surprise shot to the spleen for good measure.

Good. I like that you go the extra mile.

Billy-Klubb said:
hey DC, tell me how awesomely awesome with awesomeness I am and you might get a Surly or two. TNGabe gets some of that Bender though. previous promise.

What if I tell you how awesomely awesome you are? Will that get me a bottle of port? ;)

Drinking a sample of banana wine that's been stashed away in the back of my closet that I never bottled. I think I started it last May, would have to check my notes to be sure. After 1 1/2 yrs, the banana character is coming back in the nose and slightly in flavor. Still a bit hot, but so much smoother than the last sample I remember. It's definitely time to bottle.

image-3867401178.jpg

Good. I like that you go the extra mile.

What if I tell you how awesomely awesome you are? Will that get me a bottle of port? ;)

In that case, you are awesomely awesome with a side of awesome sauce. I do love me a good port...

if you fellas can wait till middle of January, I can get a few bottles out.:rockin:

Your the most awesomely awesome person in this whole awe-fu(king-some planet. No one can mach or awesomely awesomeness that makes you awesome :D

I have never seen so much swallowed pride just to get some beers :D

Just took a sample of my buffalo sweat clone. Tasting it alone side the real deal. For not being carbonated, bottled conditioned, or cold, the clone is damn close already :D

I cannot wait to add the pumpkin additions tomorrow and be drinking this in a month and a half :mug:

2013-12-07 16.17.12.jpg

So apparently this thread is for people to talk about the awesome beers they're drinking, but when someone that's not with you "in crowd" comes around showing what they have, and it's better than what you have, you get jealous and start ripping on that person. Nice guys. Losers.

So apparently this thread is for people to talk about the awesome beers they're drinking, but when someone that's not with you "in crowd" comes around showing what they have, and it's better than what you have, you get jealous and start ripping on that person. Nice guys. Losers.

Don't get disheartened ... people are talking very tongue in cheek in this thread ... :)

TNGabe said:
How about another picture of your goose island collection? It's been at least two or three posts since we've seen it. Slight tartness? I can only assume there's been a slow malolactic fermentation since that's been bottled. The perceived sourness was more intense when it was fresh, to the point I found it unenjoyable. It is sour mashed, fermented with brett and 05. Speaking of Berliner Weisse, I'm not sure if I'm over the style or that they tend to suck, but this isn't great.

Apparently jealously is a tough thing for just about everyone posting here. Losers.

Wow man, we all accepted you and did nothing to say otherwise. When you first posted pictures of your cellar, we even wanted to see more! No need to get hostile, some people here have a strange sense of humor. RDWHAHB :D

Oh come on. Grow a thicker skin. We all take the piss out of each other on a regular basis.

chadkarol said:

chadkarol said:
Apparently jealously is a tough thing for just about everyone posting here. Losers.

I think you have misinterpreted certain comments. We constantly BS with each other here and it's best not to take the posts too seriously.

Back