What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-4216338999.jpg

This because FermentNEthinG bought up all the BCS around here!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Wooooo!! Im baaack! Only over 100 pages behind. At fave craft bar having second Founders Doom on tap :ban:

Hey! Stupid face! Good ya see ya. Looks like you're a lock for the play offs?

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Ha yup, me and you only ones to clinch so far I think. You enjoy the brews i sent you?

Ridire is locked. Thanks for the JP. The new holland was bourbon forward for sure. Opened it after thanksgiving dinner weds night and drank it Thursday morning about 5:30 before going back to sleep after making croissants and fruit alas for mrs work breakfast potluck. :mug:

Cheers guys!

Now having a Take the Black. It's pretty good.

Been instructed I have to put my phone away now though, hehe.

Found a bunch of pumpkin ales Ive never had, one is Tommyknockers Pumpkin Patch- pretty decent for a 5% pumpkin ale with a bit more richness than the average low abv pumpkin ale, has molasiss in it and mildly spiced- the real pumpkin gives the real earthy mild vegetable- slight fruityness and a bit of slick texture to it and it tastes like a pretty nice mildly spiced brown ale altogether.

The only thing wine is good for is seasoning barrels for beer. This is way ofer the top. Mark, thanks again!?

image-601888386.jpg

I will "bow to the trend" as it were and have a Sierra Celebration on draft. Pretty good but a little heavy on the caramel

ForumRunner_20131202_224146.jpg

Asylum Belgian-style tripel, from Left Coast Brewery. Very tasty and smooth for a beer that's 11.8 ABV, especially considering it was one of the less-expensive bombers on the shelf.... it was priced lower at my local Winco than Fat Tire amber ale.

The color is a little dark, but it isn't really as dull and lifeless as it looks in the picture. If I make a habit of photographing beer, I'll have to start back-lighting.

Of course, given that my wife views any empty shelf or counter space as a personal challenge begging to be filled with knick-knacks, canisters, appliances, old mail or whatever, the hard part is trying to find an uncluttered space to take a picture. Maybe I'll just start toting things out to my workshop to to photograph them...

bad hair day, Belgian candi 017.jpg

Today was my birthday and I fully intended to celebrate with breakfast stout, bcbs, jai alai, westbrook gose, and a Bruery Autumn Maple I have been accumulating. Spent the day transferring and force carbing beer with the carb stone and am fighting a cough and sore throat so I am going after some Jameson instead and saving the good stuff for when I am better.

BrewinHooligan said:
Today was my birthday and I fully intended to celebrate with breakfast stout, bcbs, jai alai, westbrook gose, and a Bruery Autumn Maple I have been accumulating. Spent the day transferring and force carbing beer with the carb stone and am fighting a cough and sore throat so I am going after some Jameson instead and saving the good stuff for when I am better.

Whoa whoa whoa. You're implying that Jameson is not "good stuff"?!

Happy birthday by the way

Whoa whoa whoa. You're implying that Jameson is not "good stuff"?!

Happy birthday by the way

Lol, like any good Irishman I think Jameson is great stuff. But it is readily available for $20/bottle and those beers took some work to obtain except the Bruery Autumn Maple.

Happy Birthday!

Also celabrating a great performance at home!

ForumRunner_20131202_204511.jpg

This:

image-2808450863.jpg

2013 Wet Centennials - big citrus punch in the nose, more caramel sweet in the flavor.

followed by this:

image-2842406287.jpg

Little hop aroma or flavor, mostly an earthy bitterness in the finish with a little fruit, almost Belma-ish.

capping the night with this:

image-1789859127.jpg

Very nice. Raisin and fig warming to almost tropical tart fruit punch finishing a little funky peppery as it got real warm. Good beer night.

Back in OKC and I'm sicker than hell. This really sucks. This was the first flight I didn't enjoy. Been drankin NyQuil like its my job. This visit, however, marks the beginning of my last stint out here as well as the first time I'll be allowed on the base! I was finally approved. Oh, did I mention that I left my laptop power supply at home? Yeeeeah. FML.

BrewinHooligan said:
Stupid colds! Sounds like you (guys) need some of this image-212313886.jpg Brandy/Everclear Cherries and the big Q Happy birthday man.

Back