What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like a fried egg chili chutney sandwich.:drunk:

Dont knock it until you try it :D

Damn that sounds good.

Its actually pretty good at this stage. It has light chocolate at first then a mild after burn that is quite pleasant and only last a second. Basically it says hello then says goodbye

I don't get the comparison, I'd give that sandwich a go! The mead doesn't sound bad either.
HB IIPA for me.
\

Dam-n right brotha

Recipe please ;-)

Once it is complete i will. I need to do a little in the secondary but its almost there. :mug:

He'll yes, I'd brew this fo sho!

Guess i should put all my mead recipes on here. I got a few ya'll might like other than the Jalapeno/ cucumber. Should I? :cross:

Hello said:
Okay, I'm no professional taster here but I was delivered two cans of Gandhi Bot and two bottles of Nukebrewer's Gandhi Bot Clone. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do it 100% justice but to compare here, I will do my best to describe what I can taste. BTW, yes, I opened both at the same time and both are showing 40F for posterity. GBC = the clone FWIW Color: GBC is only slightly darker than GB. Scent: GBC has a much sweeter scent and in truth, it is well received. GB has your typical bitter scent that you'd expect from any DIPA. I am not good at identifying a hop by scent but whatever is going on with the GBC it is good. Taste: The GBC starts out sweeter (?) and finishes with that bitterness of a DIPA. The GB to me starts and finishes exactly how it smells. So it is bitter and doesn't seem to change at all going down (TWSS). I almost think I prefer the clone. I'm sure someone is thinking they'd like to knock me in the mouth for that saying that about the beloved GB, but hey...this is my review. :D Head: (schoolgirl giggle) clearly GB has better head retention and in fact, the GB produced more head. Both were chilling for the same amount of time and both were poured into the same style glass one right after the other. I didn't tilt the glass or anything. The head just really barely showed up on the GBC. Once both settled, you wouldn't really know one was a clone and one was the real deal color excluded. I'd say that the SRM was like going from a 13 to a 14 or 14 to a 15. It's negligible to say the least. There is one taste I cannot figure out on the GBC. The second it hits my tongue it is there and quickly goes away. I wish I could describe it as something other than sweet. I truly like it. As for calling this a clone, I'm not going to lie and say it is right on. No disrespect at all. I am going to say that it almost tastes better. It could be me and my pallet tonight isn't appreciating the bitterness of an IPA (or DIPA) but I don't think that is it entirely. :eek: I will say as I wrote this the GBC started to warm up more (like the GB did) and the scent is a bit closer. The taste of the GBC is a bit more desirable than the GB to me, at least. I hope you don't mind my super public review Aaron. I am happy to have two cans and two bottles. I will wait until another day to try both and see if I still feel the same. BTW, none of this is bad. In fact, your GBC is a very very good beer. You'll have to confirm the recipe is the one posted here on this site for me. I'm curious if I can pull off such a beer. Thank you again for sending! GBC on the left.

Cool stuff.

I think Sea Hag might be the perfect beer for you.

image-3992667725.jpg

First time with this, now I'm sad we don't see distro in FL. Awesome beer, thanks Mark!

Okay, I'm no professional taster here but I was delivered two cans of Gandhi Bot and two bottles of Nukebrewer's Gandhi Bot Clone.

Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do it 100% justice but to compare here, I will do my best to describe what I can taste.

BTW, yes, I opened both at the same time and both are showing 40F for posterity.

GBC = the clone FWIW

Color: GBC is only slightly darker than GB.
Scent: GBC has a much sweeter scent and in truth, it is well received. GB has your typical bitter scent that you'd expect from any DIPA. I am not good at identifying a hop by scent but whatever is going on with the GBC it is good.
Taste: The GBC starts out sweeter (?) and finishes with that bitterness of a DIPA. The GB to me starts and finishes exactly how it smells. So it is bitter and doesn't seem to change at all going down (TWSS). I almost think I prefer the clone. I'm sure someone is thinking they'd like to knock me in the mouth for that saying that about the beloved GB, but hey...this is my review. :D
Head: (schoolgirl giggle) clearly GB has better head retention and in fact, the GB produced more head. Both were chilling for the same amount of time and both were poured into the same style glass one right after the other. I didn't tilt the glass or anything. The head just really barely showed up on the GBC. Once both settled, you wouldn't really know one was a clone and one was the real deal color excluded. I'd say that the SRM was like going from a 13 to a 14 or 14 to a 15. It's negligible to say the least.

There is one taste I cannot figure out on the GBC. The second it hits my tongue it is there and quickly goes away. I wish I could describe it as something other than sweet. I truly like it.

As for calling this a clone, I'm not going to lie and say it is right on. No disrespect at all. I am going to say that it almost tastes better. It could be me and my pallet tonight isn't appreciating the bitterness of an IPA (or DIPA) but I don't think that is it entirely. :eek: I will say as I wrote this the GBC started to warm up more (like the GB did) and the scent is a bit closer. The taste of the GBC is a bit more desirable than the GB to me, at least.

I hope you don't mind my super public review Aaron. I am happy to have two cans and two bottles. I will wait until another day to try both and see if I still feel the same. BTW, none of this is bad. In fact, your GBC is a very very good beer. You'll have to confirm the recipe is the one posted here on this site for me. I'm curious if I can pull off such a beer. Thank you again for sending! Oh and can I applaud you for actually filling the bottle so it was spot on 12 oz? The GBC is literally within a hair of the 12 oz pour from a can of GB. Kudos!

GBC on the left.
View attachment 160003

I don't mind the public review at all and thank you for the very kind words. As my own biggest critic I didn't find the beer as enjoyable as you did, but only in the sense that it didn't match the original not that it wasn't a good beer. One of these days I will get around to just drinking it without trying to compare it to anything and just enjoy it, haha. Thanks again.

I have had two 16 oz cans of Torpedo so far tonight and I am now working on a can of Old Chub. No pics because I am trying to get ready for my trip to Texas tomorrow.

Cool stuff.

I think Sea Hag might be the perfect beer for you.

Don't call me names!

I'll have to see about finding it. Don't get me wrong, I like DIPAs for sure. I just found this GBC to be damn delicious.

Nuke, you are indeed your own worst critic. This is a great beer.

Just opened a Ommegang Hennepin, my favorite beer in the word.

In the word of what? :p

First pour was clear. This beer is probably in my top 10-20 all time favorates ever.

1113031925.jpg

Hello said:
Don't call me names! I'll have to see about finding it. Don't get me wrong, I like DIPAs for sure. I just found this GBC to be damn delicious. Nuke, you are indeed your own worst critic. This is a great beer. In the word of what? :p

It's actually more mild than both of the beers you had.

It's official... I have been spoiled on having this at the brewery. It's so fantastic on tap at the brewery it makes me wonder how it's so radically different in the bottle. It could be old, I suppose, but there's no date on the bottle so I don't know.

20131113_205000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

mcbaumannerb said:
How long of a drive is that for you?

About 4 hrs. Couple of guys my wife went to high school with live here and it's on the way to Ohio where I will be drinking beers that make you all want to punch me in the berries. For now, weizenbock at blue stallion.

image-2034437339.jpg

About 4 hrs. Couple of guys my wife went to high school with live here and it's on the way to Ohio where I will be drinking beers that make you all want to punch me in the berries. For now, weizenbock at blue stallion.

What's going on in Ohio that I'm missing out on?

Back