What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a guest at the hotel handed Chef a 4pak of Heady, of which he gave me one. Do I save it for another night when I might bettet appreciate it, or do I just pound it now?

ForumRunner_20131102_000714.jpg

Had a awesome chicken mole dinner at New Holland Brewing for the release of El Mole Ocho. Had a few glasses of that, Dragons Milk on cask and Mad Hatter. Bought a couple bombers of Mole Ocho and came home for a nice nap now gonna crack this growler of Monkey King

ForumRunner_20131102_003804.jpg

Just got back from a local taproom that, to my surprise, had Enjoy By on tap! Still the 11/12/13, but hey. Still feeling the lovely grapefruit mouth aftertaste. :)

What am I drinking? Well, I poured rest of the small bottle of kraken into a 20 oz glass. I intended to fill the glass with cream soda. Then changed my mind and filled it with hard apple cider. It's yummy. Yeah, I'm drunk....

Another double shot of Celebration then off to bed. BJCP tasting exam in the morning 2 hrs from where I live.

Good luck! I still need to take my online, I'm scheduled for the test in February I think.

So a guest at the hotel handed Chef a 4pak of Heady, of which he gave me one. Do I save it for another night when I might bettet appreciate it, or do I just pound it now?

I was going to say pund it until I saw your next post. Heady makes an excellent breakfast beer, though. Whenever you drink it, drink it from can.

I'm ****ing drunk so **** you mother ****ers!

View attachment 157635

You must be drunk to try a Juniper IPA.

A half hour on a Friday night/Saturday morning and only one post????? Guys, really?

Sorry LG, I decided I need more than 2 hrs of sleep this week and called it a night early.

I'm on the oolong. EmergenC is probably next.

Have a safe trip home tonight:mug:

Thanks,
got home safely this time, it was indeed lucky 13, which i did NOT open, instead I opened a bottle of homemade wine that a coworker makes. Im trying to broaden my horizons since im not a fan of wine. But this stuff was pretty good, wasnt too dry and wasnt really sweet pretty nice balance which helped.

Speaking of deer hunting and accidents....I had a doe jump out in the exit ramp on my way into work this morning....venison sounds delicious but not at the price of another car....

tonight I will be starting off with Lagunitas Lucky 13....

It's a CBC IPA tonight. And maybe one more after this. I don't know why this flies under the radar like it does, 'cause it's one seriously good IPA.

That is excellent and I thoroughly enjoy it - but I don't think they distribute outside of Ohio, do they? I'm lucky that my friend stocked me up, but I've never seen it around here (and we get d@mned near everything here :) )

Coffee ... about to go to breakfast - and then the homebrew club 'Learn to homebrew' event this afternoon.

I want to punch you in both livers. and I want to punch ol' Hooligan in the pancreas for that pic of the hops.

You arent gonna be happy once you hear about the pumpkin buffalo sweat

A different take on pumpkin - and quite good!

Sooooo, last night I had the honor of having not one but TWO pumpkin buffalo sweat cask brews. Not only was this the best pumkpin beer that ive ever had hands down, this was also the best beer ive ever had in my life! IT was the perfect amount of pumpkin, not too overwhelming but very noticable. IT was like having a pumpkin pie stout that was infused with crack! I seriously didnt wanna leave but they ran out :( I will say that I will be bugging Andrew Hood about what exactly he put in this beer because I must recreate it, or atleast try! I cannot get over how AMAZING this beer was. I doubt I will ever buy another pumpkin beer because it will just be terrible compared to this. Here a crappy picture cuz the place was pretty dark.

While waiting for the firkin to be tapped, I started talking with one of the ladies that work for tallgrass. I was telling her how much I loved Zombie Monkie and how people have been requested that I send them some, people that live in colorado and the east coast who have access to amazing beers. She sadly let me know that it will only be on shelfes for another week or two! I had to pick up a few packs last night after hearing that. I told her to have a serious talk with JEff (the owner) and tell him to make this a regular brew and not just a seasonal. I hope I cant get more before they run out and disappear. On a better note, she also said that Vanilla Buffalo Sweat ships out the 7th and should hit stores the following week :D I love being a homer :cross:

2013-11-01 19.18.34.jpg

Green tea kombucha, still glowing about the dinner at New Holland last night. Hopefully they still have it when we go back next week.

Mornign HBT land. I'n mot fully awake yet. Pounding coffee like it's my job.

I leave for two days and there's ten pages of nonsesnse to catch up on! Forgive me for just skimming and retaining none of it...I think you'll understand. ;) :tank:

100% Brett Custersianus English Mild: fan-bloody-tastic

So, how's the beer selection in Thailand? Are you a transplanted American to Thailand?

You arent gonna be happy once you hear about the pumpkin buffalo sweat

Sooooo, last night I had the honor of having not one but TWO pumpkin buffalo sweat cask brews. Not only was this the best pumkpin beer that ive ever had hands down, this was also the best beer ive ever had in my life! IT was the perfect amount of pumpkin, not too overwhelming but very noticable. IT was like having a pumpkin pie stout that was infused with crack! I seriously didnt wanna leave but they ran out :( I will say that I will be bugging Andrew Hood about what exactly he put in this beer because I must recreate it, or atleast try! I cannot get over how AMAZING this beer was. I doubt I will ever buy another pumpkin beer because it will just be terrible compared to this. Here a crappy picture cuz the place was pretty dark.

While waiting for the firkin to be tapped, I started talking with one of the ladies that work for tallgrass. I was telling her how much I loved Zombie Monkie and how people have been requested that I send them some, people that live in colorado and the east coast who have access to amazing beers. She sadly let me know that it will only be on shelfes for another week or two! I had to pick up a few packs last night after hearing that. I told her to have a serious talk with JEff (the owner) and tell him to make this a regular brew and not just a seasonal. I hope I cant get more before they run out and disappear. On a better note, she also said that Vanilla Buffalo Sweat ships out the 7th and should hit stores the following week :D I love being a homer :cross:

Just so you floccers can read this again :D

Just so you and certain other people know, crack is not a good thing :D

Crack is addicting tho!

Hopefully I get to try that today at the beer fest . Tall grass will be there!!!!

Hazzard if you get to try it I will be so happy someone else will get to experience who will appreciate it. Make sure you get in line early if they are offering it, you do not want to miss an opportunity to try it. I wish I knew if they were going to have this at other events because it would be worth traveling to have it again. Hope they serve it up for you today!

What's the deal with OK? I thought I'd see Tallgrass everywhere around here. I haven't even seen one can!! Is it not common down here?:confused:

IDk, ive never actually been shopping for craft beer in OK. Most of the time I am just passing through to get to Texas. It says they get full distribution there tho which is weird that you cant find any.

Good luck! I still need to take my online, I'm scheduled for the test in February I think.

Thanks! I just finished it about 30 minutes ago and I feel like I did OK. They were all pretty straight forward except for one, a brown porter that had what I said was metallic, but I wasn't sure since I've never tasted metallic in beer before.

At Martha's Exchange in Nashua, NH where the exam was held. Staying for lunch and having Another IPA.

ForumRunner_20131102_122401.jpg

Back