What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
water that i dry hopped with ice cubes. i let the ice sit in there for several minutes to bring out the cold enhancing flavors. if you drink it quick enough, the ice can be re-used, which is a big money saver.

DSCN1411.jpg

This is a pretty good beer. It doesn't really remind me of pumpkin pie, however, it does remind me of the pumpkin ale I brewed, but the spices in mine are more pronounced.

my latest pale with melanoidin, crystal 50/60, chinook (bittering) and lots of amarillo in the last 10 min. delicious.

Drinking my Oktober Fest ale, calling it Ohikilolo Fest after a mt peak in the next valley. I must have measured the Carafa I wrong. Its only 1 oz in a 1/5 gallon brew. It came out much to dark for an OKF and it's tasting more like a porter. But it's GOOD!

Drinking a Centennial Blonde from the recipe on this forum. Fermented for 2 weeks, now in the middle of it's 4th week in the bottle. Not much head retention, but the flavor is coming along. I did this as a BIAB, and the only thing that went wrong was it boiled down to 1-1/2 gallons for what should have ended as a 2-1/2 gallon batch, so I had to top up. Don't know what effect that might have had, but it tastes decent, and it was cheap, the two things that scratch me right where I itch. I've got a half-assed northern brown ale in the fermenter that I'll bottle on Friday that I cobbled up out of "spare parts" using Beersmith, then I think I'll try the Cream of 3 Crops Cream Ale for something even cheaper next week.
The more homebrew I drink, the less satisfying I find any commercial beer I pick up to fill in the holes in my schedule.

Cold water in a coke mug. Saving the Whiskely ale I just put in the fridge a few hours ago for tomorrow or Thursday. Beer stash getting low EB & IPA gone...Whiskely getting down to half the last box...must...get.-=..to HB,.`1q54,s...........errrroooorrrr,eeerrrooorrrr.......must....anylize.....eeeerrroooorrrr...................!!!!:drunk:

Speaking of Otter Creek, their Winter Raspberry Brown was the inspiration behind a Raspberry Brown I made a few months ago. Drinking mine now to commemorate the 3rd place fruit beer medal I received today from the Son of Brewzilla competition I entered it in!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Sitting back after a looooong day at work, drinking Hair of the Dog Adam that I bought in Portland about a month ago. Very good!

Latest posts

Back