What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild Rose Brewery Wred Wheat

IMG_20131031_190432_zps6b5dfc9f.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Funny, I said the same thing when I first saw Hell or High Watermelon!
Ohhhhhhhhh sick burn!!!!!

Good thing I didn't actually buy it then. :D

Happy Halloween! Have a couple brews chilling I'm insanely excited about.

I've found out there are tiny little printing presses that aren't very expensive and would be perfect for beer labels. My wife is going to be so excited when I buy her one she won't even care it's for labels.

Labels are good! What kind of press?

I want to stay away from crowd sourcing if at all possible. I'm not against it if someone wants to go that route, but it's not something we want to do if we can avoid it. If we do buy the building, it will be a long road ahead as I'll be doing nearly all the work myself. I'm sure we'll have merch online well before we start brewing. ;) I wish that was true. You didn't talk to the guy. He's only 60, but he's from a different generation. He said he's firm and he means it. He's not even really interested in selling it, sounded like he's retiring soon and has ideas for it. It's possible he'd take a few thousand less than he's asking, but there's now way he'll come down more than 5 and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. Thanks for all the well wishing guys. I'm freakin stressed out. The plan was to lease a space, not to buy, but this one has so much going for it. I was pretty much planning to not doing anything until after market season next year, kill myself through the summer, and then by next september have the cash to get everything all at once. This would be a whole different ball of wax. My wife has talked about getting a 2nd full time nursing job so I could work full time on remodeling etc. I hate the idea because I know it will damn near kill her, I've worked more than 80hrs every week and she was pretty close between the farm and nursing last year and it's not healthy and very hard to maintain for months or longer. Gah.

Sorry to hear you're hitting a wall there. The key is don't let the desire cloud your judgement. Have some brews, relax with the wife and head back out to find another, better space. Eye on your prize! :)

Sorry to hear you're hitting a wall there. The key is don't let the desire cloud your judgement. Have some brews, relax with the wife and head back out to find another, better space. Eye on your prize! :)

Well said Mark! Cheers and happy hollows eve all..

Hop head red and the first brown shugga of the year for me tonight.

ForumRunner_20131031_192736.png

ForumRunner_20131031_192751.png

Finishing this delicious 22 after some left handed milk stout out of my coffee mug while trick or treating with the family. It's liquid alchy candy!

ForumRunner_20131031_212914.jpg

I haven't looked into them a ton, the ones I was looking at are Kelsey. I'd imagne doing 500 on one is rather tedious, but such is life.

Not really a wall, just hadn't planned on buying a building. I'll figure out how to get it done. It's got underground barrel aging space and it's going to be next to the new bike path. I'm going to buy it, it's only 2 1/2 times more than we wanted to spend on the brewery plus renovations. Bwahaha. I'm sure will be the cornerstone for the revitalization of the neighborhood, although I'm not sure it was vitalized the first time. ;) Probably be lofts across the street in 10 years thanks to us.

Pumpkinator is better. ;)
Especially if you drink it next October 31st.

That's my plan hope I can hold out but I should be able to. I still have them jester king beers you sent well the stouts anyways I'm waiting until I get a JK glass to drank the others only seems right ;-)

WesleyS said:
Pumpkinator is better. ;)
Especially if you drink it next October 31st.

image-2519789680.jpg

Good Gourd is better than that. (Ok, a bunch of ******-nozzles with handlebar mustaches think Good Gourd is better). What was my point?

Drinking more Nelson Saison.

Attachments

• image-190966152.jpg
    image-190966152.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 83
allenH said:
Good Gourd is better than that. (Ok, a bunch of ******-nozzles with handlebar mustaches think Good Gourd is better). What was my point?

Yep, the title of the list says it all. It's a popularity contest. I'm sure the same people that came up with that list think PBR and anything from DFH is the shizz.
Now send me some Good Gourd! :p

Enjoying one of my Czech Pils Ales on this All Hallows Eve. 18 days in the bottle, and almost there.

ForumRunner_20131031_204705.jpg

NIZZLE said:
That's my plan hope I can hold out but I should be able to. I still have them jester king beers you sent well the stouts anyways I'm waiting until I get a JK glass to drank the others only seems right ;-)

I had been holding out on drinking the Weasel Rodeo I have until I got a JK glass from DC. Now I have the glass, not sure why I'm still holding out. ;)

View attachment 157411

I'd make a Special Olympics joke, but I respect the Special Olympics way too much to compare them to pumpkin beers. Hillarious and true.

Back