What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****withmeyouknowigotit, unless you want carbed brown ales. That last one was a fluke! no carb HB brown for me

2013-10-29 20.20.48.jpg

That sucks.

yeah it does. I have been using my priming sugar calculator from screwybrewer tho and I think that is the issue. The past couple brews have had zero carb at all. Its not bad to drink but is very annoying. I compared priming calculators and am using northerbrewers who seems to be on point with a lot of other ones, screwybrewers didnt match anybodies.

finsfan said:
****withmeyouknowigotit, unless you want carbed brown ales. That last one was a fluke! no carb HB brown for me

By chance, did you use a carb calculator? I had a Chocolate Rye Porter that took 6 months to carb up, first and last time I used a carb calc. The carb was still pretty poor on the last bottle of that batch (10 months).

Drinking more Nelson Saison.

Edit: just saw that you did use one.

yeah it does. I have been using my priming sugar calculator from screwybrewer tho and I think that is the issue. The past couple brews have had zero carb at all. Its not bad to drink but is very annoying. I compared priming calculators and am using northerbrewers who seems to be on point with a lot of other ones, screwybrewers didnt match anybodies.

I've always used tastybrew.com for priming sugar additions and it has been pretty much right on every time. The few gushers I got were, in my estimation, caused by inadequate mixing, not the calculator.

By chance, did you use a carb calculator? I had a Chocolate Rye Porter that took 6 months to carb up, first and last time I used a carb calc. The carb was still pretty poor on the last bottle of that batch (10 months).

Drinking more Nelson Saison.

Edit: just saw that you did use one.

IDK why but someone (probably not here) suggested that I try SCrewybrewer and that wont be happening ever again. Northernbrewer seems to be the exact same as about ten others I saw and are closer to the 5 oz per 5 gallon. I think I used 2oz in this brown :(

IDK why but someone (probably not here) suggested that I try SCrewybrewer and that wont be happening ever again. Northernbrewer seems to be the exact same as about ten others I saw and are closer to the 5 oz per 5 gallon. I think I used 2oz in this brown :(

With a name like screwybrewer, how could you not trust them??? :drunk: And 2oz is way too low.

On to the Imperial Java Stout. Coffeee!!

Totally got my ass handed to me while "at" work today. Basically a 12 marathon of troubleshooting problem after problem while each problem solved spawns at least two new problems! So, my list started at 10 problems, now at the end of the day, it's close to 30 issues! I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed and discouraged. My boss is trying to be supportive, but there's not much else he can do but just stay out of my way which he's doing a pretty good job of. So, to cap of this sh!tty day, I'm going for the last shot of Crown Maple and staring at the TV. My brain is off. And I'm tired of looking at this damned computer screen!! [/rant]

Have a good night HBT land. I may check in later to make sure you fools aren't burning the place down. ;)

Totally got my ass handed to me while "at" work today. Basically a 12 marathon of troubleshooting problem after problem while each problem solved spawns at least two new problems! So, my list started at 10 problems, now at the end of the day, it's close to 30 issues! I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed and discouraged. My boss is trying to be supportive, but there's not much else he can do but just stay out of my way which he's doing a pretty good job of. So, to cap of this sh!tty day, I'm going for the last shot of Crown Maple and staring at the TV. My brain is off. And I'm tired of looking at this damned computer screen!! [/rant]

Have a good night HBT land. I may check in later to make sure you fools aren't burning the place down. ;)

damn man sorry to hear it! at least you have an understanding and supportive boss, most people cant say that! hang in there, I know oklahoma is rough :cross:

Sorry for the ****ty day brah! Hopefully tomorrow is better cheers.

I use tasty brew, which came out at 4.9 oz dextrose with 2.6 volumes, 5 gallons, and 75f for temps. So, yeah. 2 oz is really low.

I'm drinking some HB cider, about to switch to something else though. I'll have to see what I've got chilled.

Dang this is good. A nice fresh can (10/22/13) and a nice bitterness followed by dank resinous hoppy flavor. I much prefer dank hop flavor over the citrusy type. A combo of the two is nice but of an IpA goes one way I much prefer it to be resinous.

This 6er should be gone quickfast.

image-1432110549.jpg

My Oktoberfest, but I decided to try the Danstar saison yeast instead of the typical lager yeast. I probably won't be doing that again, if you're wondering how it turned out.

Ok, I couldn't stop myself from responding. I'm not a pedagogue, but I did used to live in the Willamette valley.

Back