What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you used to do for a living union?

I'm drinking green tea while I make coffee, teaching a class today, I suppose I shouldn't put whiskey in my coffee.

Kentucky coffee goood. I was an auto worker at Ford in Cleveland. Had to get up at 3:30AM to shovel driveway if needed to get out into the street. I was a forman & had to set up my section of the line as well. 31 years of that.

Left coaster here, I have been getting up at 4:30am for o/t, working until 5pm. Granted it is from the comfort of home, but I'm no morning person.
Drinking lots and lots of coffee

Hello said:
Do you work outside? I would be sad if I had to work outside in freezing temps. Though it's not quite freezing yet, it's 36F.

And can we talk about how my search for "how to use a plate chiller" (I know, it's stupid that I didn't know) results in the related searches to the right? HAHA

The Internet knows what you really wanted to search for. ;)

My wife sent me this pic from outside my home in PA. Apparently there's a lake effect warning untill 11am est and a total of 6 inches predicted for the day.

I might be heading home for a little bit this weekend. I didn't even bring a long-sleeved shirt. FML.

Coughee. And lots of it.

2013-10-24 07.21.21.jpg

My wife sent me this pic from outside my home in PA. Apparently there's a lake effect warning untill 11am est and a total of 6 inches predicted for the day.

I might be heading home for a little bit this weekend. I didn't even bring a long-sleeved shirt. FML.

Coughee. And lots of it.

I miss lake effect snow. When I lived in the burbs of Cleveland it could go from sunny when I left the house to a couple of inches on the car by the time I got to work 15 minutes later! :D

I miss lake effect snow. When I lived in the burbs of Cleveland it could go from sunny when I left the house to a couple of inches on the car by the time I got to work 15 minutes later! :D

I know that situation all too well. What I hate the most are the major temperature swings that can happen across the freezing point, e.g. 45F during the day, snow begins to melt off the cars and freezing rain. Then in the evening, the temp drops below 32F and you wake up to your car encased in 1/4" of solid ice. It is always fun to watch the morons go out to their car with gallon jugs of HOT water thinking they're going to be all smart and stuff. Two minutes later they're cursing up and down the street because they now have a cracked windshield! Always made my day!

edit: forgot the quote

I know that situation all too well. What I hate the most are the major temperature swings that can happen across the freezing point, e.g. 45F during the day, snow begins to melt off the cars and freezing rain. Then in the evening, the temp drops below 32F and you wake up to your car encased in 1/4" of solid ice. It is always fun to watch the morons go out to their car with gallon jugs of HOT water thinking they're going to be all smart and stuff. Two minutes later they're cursing up and down the street because they now have a cracked windshield! Always made my day!

Yep - need a tarp to lay over the windshield and driver's side (covering the key hole particularly!) Or even better - get a garage! :D

Yep - need a tarp to lay over the windshield and driver's side (covering the key hole particularly!) Or even better - get a garage! :D

I always wish I had a garage, but apartment living rarely affords one, let alone have space for one. When I used to work 2nd shift was the worst. Because by the time we got off work, our cars were already encased. We got into the habit of going out to our cars at last break and starting them up so that cleaning them off wouldn't be so bad. I learned which way the winds blew so I made sure I always parked my jeep in a particular direction which minimized the amount of ice on the windshield. One side was always worse than the other cause of the wind.

You cut yourself down too much miss mam. Not a single one of us here knew exactly what a plate chiller was or how it worked until we either looked it up or happened upon the answer on accident.

That said you know you clicked on a few of those other links

I did. :eek: haha Hey, you never know what I can learn.
I actually thought a plate chiller went into the wort like a IC did. The video though could have been shorter had the guy not rambled on about his house.

More coffee. I need to take a reading on my stout. It really looks like it hasn't done anything by way of fermenting. I'm hoping it is not still stuck at 1.030. :(

Whatcha teachin? Something microbiological?

Drinkin more water. Just under a half gallon in already. Will be finally making my new brew kettle 15 gallon with half inch ball valve sight glass blichmann brewmometer. Finally going to brew like a brewer should.

You would think huh? No actually I haven't graduated with my MS in micro yet.

My previous day gig was in psychology, as the director of the autism life skills group at a local private hospital I did mostly paperwork and budget planning (hated it which is what prompted the change so I decided to go back to school) I'm almost done with my grad work now but I don't think they'll be asking me with a "lowly" masters degree to teach bio when they have tenured doctors of bio at their disposal.

I was asked to teach a psy 301 human development class today for a professor who is out on leave. I'm also considering taking on the homebrew class here next semester because the professor isn't continuing it due to being over extended. I enjoy teaching quite a lot just couldn't make a career out of it.

Now that sounds like a winning combination. :D

If you're a loser!

Oolong here. Ran out and had to drink the black tea my wife makes chai with for a couple days. That stuff tastes like Copenhagen. I told her we could make a chai stout. I think she finally figure out how to keep me from drinking 'her beer'.

Coughee. And lots of it.

Holy sh33t!

I know VT got snow last night!

Hb Green tea kombucha. Just took sg on Nelson Sauvin saison (1.012) and started dry hop. Sample tasted pretty promising, I love the funk in 3726 but wanna score some of that as11 and use it on this recipe. Yeah Ill be making saisons all winter so what??? :ban:

Hb Green tea kombucha. Just took sg on Nelson Sauvin saison (1.012) and started dry hop. Sample tasted pretty promising, I love the funk in 3726 but wanna score some of that as11 and use it on this recipe. Yeah Ill be making saisons all winter so what??? :ban:

1.012 is way high for 3726. Mine usually finishes at 1.002, but I cook it with a seedling mat. Dry hopping tends to kick up some more fermentation though.

DrunkleJon said:
Thats because you are supposed to drink it for Breakfast. Duh! That is why it is in the name.

Yeah, I guess he didn't pay attention to the second line of his signature. ;)

Coughee. And lots of it.

Is it not cold in OK? I got caught without a jacket in Austin last week and regretted it. At least have a fleece down here this week. And coffee, of course.

BGBC said:
Is it not cold in OK? I got caught without a jacket in Austin last week and regretted it. At least have a fleece down here this week. And coffee, of course.

Who caught you? And what were the repercussions? ;)
Still working outside in shorts here in Houston. I usually do until some time in December when it actually cools down.

It has been around a high of 75 here. A few days got pretty chillly, but that didn't last. I think today is a high of 60 though. It'll probably start getting colder. I'm going to have to bring some warmer clothes next time I'm home.

edit: I can't spell apparently.

Had a gravity sample of my red ale with breakfast. Missed by numbers by six points and it shows in the F.G. of 1.006. Its dryer than it should be but already better than my first red ale :D

2013-10-24 08.18.00.jpg

Back