What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tyzippers said:
I got totally sucked into Moneyball last night. That was a pretty good fooking movie!! Then I fell asleep. So I never got around to posting this last night. This was pretty good. A little sweeter and not quite as much funk, or what have you, than I expected. Still enjoyed it though. On the coff now. Oh, and FIZZLE should be back sometime today I think. It's the end of his 3 day suspension I believe.
I hope so i have been holding out on our trade. Pumpkins was out I need to ask him if warlock or suede will do

TNGabe said:
I wanted to drink both of mark's saisons back to back. This is kinda weird, not bad at all, just not what I was expecting. Oddly sweet. Actually quite good, but unexpected.

Yeah - definitely not what I was expecting. A fruit punch like start with slightly tart finish and very subdued saison funk in between.

Coffee now and about to go out and do some hiking.

xthestewx said:
Can i join in on the "Lets Do This!" cuz im drinkin and drunkish.
Also WesleyS T/Y i am doing my best at making a great beer, with a Sg of 1.093! YES IPA with sorachi ace hops and wasabi
Thanks
thestew

I used Sorachi Ace for the first time in a Belgian pale ale earlier this year. Those hops are great!

I guess my 2 year old wants me to start drinking already, or he can't wait till he can have some of daddy's HB lol

image-1176002800.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Man that old fashion kicked my ass. I should not of opened the galaxy. I just woke up on the couch with a head ache and a glass half full... :confused:

Awesome! I'm glad someone else is feeling schitty like me this morning. ;) That rice wine is very sneaky. Before you know it, you're toast. I shouldn't have drank the whole bottle.
I'm guessing I passed out around 3 since that's around the time my posts stopped. I fell asleep reclined back on the couch. At some point I woke up and my wife had turned my lamp off and I had half a bag of chips open next to me on the couch and a glass of skeeter pee still on my table.
Drinking orange soda now after packing up a box for N***LE.

image-1933213885.jpg

MrNickVT said:
I get to Hill Farmstead an hour early, and there already a line started. FML I was hoping to be in and out.

What are you picking up? So I can be jealous. ;)

Is the second set of ribs. I wrap mine and kinda steam them in there.

Better known as the "Texas cheat". works great off the heat to get juicier meats & keep'em from over cooking.
I'm on my second cup of nice roasty coffee with half-n-half atm. Last night was one vodka,one bourbon,one beer. repeatedly...

Better kniown as the "Texas cheat". works great off the heat to get juicier meats & keep'em from over cooking.
I'm on my second cup of nice roasty coffee with half-n-half atm. Last night was one vodka,one bourbon,one beer. repeatedly...

I thought it was supposed to be one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer? I can't stand vodka! Nasty schit!

I thought it was supposed to be one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer? I can't stand vodka! Nasty schit!

That's what I had,so I went with it. Cheap vodka for the airlocks...a little for the brewmaster...a lil more for the brewmaster...:drunk: I was also listenin to George Thoroughlygood doin John Lee Hooker's house rent blues. Drownin my sorrows after seein my Maori IPA get infected...:(

drinking a apfelwein gravity sample. Its already at 7.2% and might be a little higher when its done. Its hovering above 1.000 at 1.002 but has only been fermenting 18 days. Damn good already tho :D

Better known as the "Texas cheat". works great off the heat to get juicier meats & keep'em from over cooking.

You can call it cheating lol. Thats what I always had done with my ribs

Those look foods of the gods!!:rockin:

Right on!I thought maybe it was a packet of potatoes. That's usually how I grill my taters.

Food for gods for a god lol. These are going to be heart attack good lol. I like to chop my potatoes up and package them too. I add onion, jalapeno, butter, and spices. They turn out so good. I put them right on the fire

alright, this is what I'm working on. I was planning on a true secondary with dregs from my Rose Hip Saison.

Dubbel Saison
Belgian Specialty Ale

Type: All Grain
Date: 11/11/2012
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Brewer: Billy Klubb, Bobby Klubb
Boil Size: 6.82 gal Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Brew Pot (15 Gal) and Igloo/Gott Cooler (10 Gal)
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 85.00
Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.50 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 77.55 %
1.00 lb Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 8.16 %
0.75 lb Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 6.12 %
1.50 oz Fuggles [5.70 %] (60 min) Hops 25.4 IBU
1.00 oz Nelson Sauvin [12.00 %] (5 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1.00 lb Candi Sugar, Clear (0.5 SRM) Sugar 8.16 %
1 Pkgs Belgian Ale (White Labs #WLP550) [Starter 2000 ml] Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.075 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.075 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.018 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.015 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.52 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 7.85 %
Bitterness: 25.4 IBU Calories: 340 cal/pint
Est Color: 19.4 SRM

That rice wine is sneaky as hell but i knew we would have a man down situation as soon as I saw you drinking mason jars full of it !

Food for gods for a god lol.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!! :)

These are going to be heart attack good lol. I like to chop my potatoes up and package them too. I add onion, jalapeno, butter, and spices. They turn out so good. I put them right on the fire

Beautiful! I typically do pretty much the same thing except without the jalapenos. I typically use One of my three varieties of 4S.

Water. Its good for hydrate. And to live and stuff. Will be moving on to some coffinator then maybes some kombucha later for regeneration and to revive from the-then caffeen lows. Then more water. Thats my drinking schedule for the day. Thank you very muchly.

DisturbdChemist said:
You can call it cheating lol. Thats what I always had done with my ribs Food for gods for a god lol. These are going to be heart attack good lol. I like to chop my potatoes up and package them too. I add onion, jalapeno, butter, and spices. They turn out so good. I put them right on the fire
Potatoes sliced with tons of butter onions and spices come out fantastic on the grill

Back