What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend if you're in the US.

Enjoying my last Hoptimum. After this it'll be a few glasses of an American Wheat I brewed.

1072gjt.jpg

so... did you used to live in South Dakota?

Now:

Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA. Has a very aromatic malt profile. Not a top 3 "Red" ale by any means, and not too big on the hop character. But its a decent beer for watching football.

Had my Smoked Black Saison earlier, then a small fermenter sample of my English Barleywine that's been sitting on oak for about a month and a half. Since the WLP099 I used to dry it out ate all the body out of it and took it to 1.004, I'd planned to let it sit on oak until December and bottle it with Brett. Based on the taste today, I'm gonna grab a vial of Brett C this week (assuming my LHBS has some in stock) and bottle in the next week or two.

Now I'm on to an old friend I haven't had in a very long time.

20131013_185933[1].jpg

BrewChem said:
Got a bottle of Southern Tier Creme Brulee in the fridge for after dinner
That stuff is damn delicious!

I have 12 of these. Sierra Nevada Autumn Brown.

image-1124006299.jpg

SFGiantsFan925 said:
haha. made me laugh. I have never had it, but jeez! Must be sweet!

Everyone must be more sensitive to sweet than I am. Although, I would say its a sweet beer, it doesn't taste near as sweet to me as everyone makes it out to be.

Everyone must be more sensitive to sweet than I am. Although, I would say its a sweet beer, it doesn't taste near as sweet to me as everyone makes it out to be.

I think it's firmly established that your palate might actually be a pallet or a pallete.

Channel66 said:
Sitting in the dark remmy?

Yes. My body is done for the day. 2 beers and Motrin and it's time for bed. Hell of a day. Winter is almost here.

Remmy said:
Yes. My body is done for the day. 2 beers and Motrin and it's time for bed. Hell of a day. Winter is coming.

FTFY

mewithstewpid said:
People outside CT probably don't know why this pic is so great!

People who aren't Hellen Keller probably won't get it. ;)

Nightcap after cleaning the BK ...

image-2251383367.jpg

I am currently drinking my 2 versions of American Amber Ale II, Honkers Ale, Hard Cider using AJC, and Hard Cider using my home made cider.

EDIT: I too appreciate the Sierra Nevada Tumbler. I made a decent clone of it using smoked malts in a "regular" Brown Ale earlier this year.

Back