What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
staticmap

Olde Rabbits Foot. RIS collaboration between OLDE Hickory, Duck RABBIT, and FOOThills aged in pappy van winkle bourbon barrels.

image-2486956529.jpg

Finishing up my second Bear Republic Red Rocket of the night... not sure where to go next.... Anchorsteam Liberty... Harpoon 100 barrel series rye ipa, Framboise Lambic... or one of of umpteen bottles I have.... choices

Bought a flying dog sampler 12, with pale, ipa, hefe, and amber lager.... the pale was the best, but I don't care for their house strain of yeast, and I also don't really care for the hefe they make either, probably the bavarian yeast they used, I prefer belgian or a non banana american. Won't be buying anymore of their brews in the future.

That is too bad. They make some of the better beers out there. I would recommend trying their bombers or small bottles (8oz I think). Phenomenal stuff.

I can't get enough of their Raging *****. Its a belgian style indian pale ale. It's a little heavy on the ABV (8.3%). But delicious regardless. My wife, brother and I are heading to the brewery next weekend for a tour and some tasting. Only about 25 minutes from me.

I second this. Raging ***** was great the one time I had it. Unfortunately, my local store doesn't seem to stock it right now...Is it seasonal?

Edit: I am currently drinking a homebrewed nut brown called Nutsack Water Brown Ale, called such because we mashed a sack of nuts and the resulting water wasn't usable.

Last night had a few Sierra Nevada Tumbler Browns. Good, but not as good as the sixer I found a week or two ago at my local liquor store that was from 2010!! Also had a few Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ales. Now thats some good stuff!!

I love that one, BigTerpentine! Looking forward to it in the fall.

Rifester, Congrats! Welcome to the obsession!
Just tried a sip of some old Mr. B's, St. Pat's/Creamy brown that I brewed in Nov. '10. Still tastes like schist!! I've got about 10 to pour down the drain....

I'm deconstructing Latitude 48 some of these are weak, while some I think have some nice flavor, showing me the complexity of hops even more

All sorts of stuff. Mostly local. Foothills. Aviator. Fullsteam. Olde Hickory. Duck Rabbit. + others. I can't keep track at this point.

staticmap

I'm sneaking a barleywine that I brewed last year to celebrate my brother's 21st birthday, which is on the 28th lol.

Pasty American Pale Ale. Might have to switch to the IPA depending on how the DVR'd 49er game goes.

I almost bought some RR the other day. Its been a while.

I am currently enjoying a DFH60 clone. Yoopers recipe that everyone loves so much. This one is special though because its my half of the batch yooper and i brewed together...jealous much?

Summit 25 anniversery ipa,just want to say it tastes very similar to stone ipa but better and cheaper.

Independence Brewing Convict Hill Imperial Oatmeal Stout...very good and very well priced. $6.50 a four-pack at the grocery store in Houston.

If you like Imperial Stouts it is a must try.

Long Trail Double Bag. Very nice,

"Double Bag Ale this full bodied double alt is also known as "Stickebier" -
German slang for "secret brew" This brew was originally only offered at our brewery as a special treat to visitors.
The secret is out! ENJOY!"

Back