What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrNickVT said:
I want either a thing or a bike for next season!

Don't get a bike. People will hate you for looking like a stud on it. I'd go with the VW so everyone can label you as a self-absorbed winner. Chicks dig it.

my Big '10 Barley Wine. at 14.22%, this is my last beer for the night.

0917131929.jpg

I won't be working with them! Got a better offer

Good luck at that other brewery in Maine. ;) I look forward to tasting some o your work in the future!

I see some Northern Ohio beers in that haul. Hoppin Frog is pretty good stuff from Akron. I've got three of there bombers in my collection. Haven't had there stout yet. Gettin time for more Left hand Milk & nitro stout. Got three more Berlin Wheats left for after brewday tomorrow. Goin to make 5 more gallons of Maori IPA with fresh NZ hops this time to go with the Cougar Country IPA fermenting since Sunday. Dang,I wish I wasn't near broke. Maybe a pint of vodka to split between me & the airlock bottle?...

B.O.R.I.S. is awesome stuff - and it will knock you for a loop.

mcbaumannerb said:
I got nothing... :mug:

Me either. :D
They put this best after date on the label. But how will you know how it has aged if you don't open one early? Right? ;)

image-2216350957.jpg

Drinking an alright pumpkin ale while checking my new toy!

I would probably check the grav of every commercial beer I drink if I had a refractometer. On the ever growing toy list.

My 3724 Saison. After finally getting home after leaving for work yesterday at 5:30 in the morning, I really need it. Worst part is, unless a miracle happens I won't be getting any overtime for it despite still having a full rest of the week of work.

That sounds awful. How'd you get the megashaft?

I want either a thing or a bike for next season!

After about 4 years the game of slug bug with my wife has tapered off, but we still play thing titty twister.

my Big '10 Barley Wine. at 14.22%, this is my last beer for the night.

Last different beer maybe, have a couple, you don't have to be up for what, 6 hrs?

Messing around with some different hop combos in my base saison recipe, this one is Kazbek and Sorachi Ace

What do you think of Kazbek? Sounds intriguing from the description, but I don't think I've ever seen it for sale. I'm going all whole cone this year and trying to stick with less trendy US stuff. Planning on ordering Cluster, Crystal, Nugget, Sterling, and maybe some fresh Cascade even though I've got a couple pounds of 2011 in the freezer.

What do you think of Kazbek? Sounds intriguing from the description, but I don't think I've ever seen it for sale. I'm going all whole cone this year and trying to stick with less trendy US stuff. Planning on ordering Cluster, Crystal, Nugget, Sterling, and maybe some fresh Cascade even though I've got a couple pounds of 2011 in the freezer.

It's an interesting hop, gives it a bit of a pilsner bitterness...can't exactly put my finger on it, but it reminds me of Prima Pils (not sure what Victory uses in that one). I think Evan Rail actually gave these Kazbeks to my buddy when he was in Prague.

I've got a few bines each of second year Nugget and Cascade, I should have tons to share next year :mug:

That sounds awful. How'd you get the megashaft?

That's a long story. If the department of labor makes a ruling against my company soon I might just get paid for the megashaft (ongoing investigation of illegal classification of us all as overtime exempt and so on and on and blah blah blah) but in reality it'll be a few years before I see a dime. In the mean time, finishing up the second carbonation tester of my Milk Stout and then I'm going to go collapse.

Another great Avery brew. Found me a Maharja(not a big doubleIPA fan-but its still one of my favorates even after literally trying thousand-s of beers) too-hopefully its not too old.

avery 20.jpg

That's a long story. If the department of labor makes a ruling against my company soon I might just get paid for the megashaft (ongoing investigation of illegal classification of us all as overtime exempt and so on and on and blah blah blah) but in reality it'll be a few years before I see a dime. In the mean time, finishing up the second carbonation tester of my Milk Stout and then I'm going to go collapse.

Best of luck and sweet dreams. Sometimes stuff like that works out for the best long run. Got a card in the mail saying I was part of a class action against how US Bank used to handle transactions and overdraft fees. Haven't had them for a bank since college and I racked up more than a few then.

It's an interesting hop, gives it a bit of a pilsner bitterness...can't exactly put my finger on it, but it reminds me of Prima Pils (not sure what Victory uses in that one). I think Evan Rail actually gave these Kazbeks to my buddy when he was in Prague.

I've got a few bines each of second year Nugget and Cascade, I should have tons to share next year :mug:

Do you think Prima has changed? It's been a few years since I've drank that regularly, but Kazbek sounds like a newer variety.

Best of luck and sweet dreams. Sometimes stuff like that works out for the best long run. Got a card in the mail saying I was part of a class action against how US Bank used to handle transactions and overdraft fees. Haven't had them for a bank since college and I racked up more than a few then.

same here, but without the college.

same here, but without the college.

Trust me, I wish I would have skipped college. I got a BS (appropriate) in American Studies planning on law school, then I realized I didn't want to be a lawyer and that they actually want me to pay back my student loans. :smack: Learning a trade at a younger age would have been a much better plan, though not sure I could hack it as a gas field roughneck like you.

Trust me, I wish I would have skipped college. I got a BS (appropriate) in American Studies planning on law school, then I realized I didn't want to be a lawyer and that they actually want me to pay back my student loans. :smack: Learning a trade at a younger age would have been a much better plan, though not sure I could hack it as a gas field roughneck like you.

it weren't too hard. thick skin & a bad attitude gets you a management position!

Hit a deer on the way home from the new house. Fooked up the whole front end of my car. 75mph 180ish lb deer, my choices were limited, hit the semi that I was passing, take the ditch into a rock ledge, or hit the bastahd. Got a nice set of antlers out of it... glad the wife wasn't with me, those airbags hurt like a mofo. I'm going to be sore tomorrow I think.

it weren't too hard. thick skin & a bad attitude gets you a management position!

Maybe I missed my calling in life. :rockin:

How's that big bad barley wine treating you? Did you add sugar from the get go or in the fermenter? I brewed what I guess is a biere de noel (not that that means anything) this week that went in the fermenter at 1.100 with no sugar, but I'm thinking of kicking it up another 20%.

Hit a deer on the way home from the new house. Fooked up the whole front end of my car. 75mph 180ish lb deer, my choices were limited, hit the semi that I was passing, take the ditch into a rock ledge, or hit the bastahd. Got a nice set of antlers out of it... glad the wife wasn't with me, those airbags hurt like a mofo. I'm going to be sore tomorrow I think.

Dang buddy. Glad you made the right choice and that you're okay!! Assuming you've got full coverage?

holy Schit man, hope you are alright! you gonna make some jerky? :D

Glad you're okay! Cars can be repaired ... Skulls not so easily. Get some Aleve in you to help with tomorrow.

Dang buddy. Glad you made the right choice and that you're okay!! Assuming you've got full coverage?

Maine requires collision and liability. But yeah I'm covered, still paying on the car, the bank wouldn't let me have it without full coverage. I'm just a bit banged up, they wanted to take me in the ambulance to "observe you for the night" but it's just a few cuts and a scrape or 3. Hurt my ego more than anything, and seeing my beautiful car all covered in guts and dents. Could have been worse for sure.

Channel66 said:
Maine requires collision and liability. But yeah I'm covered, still paying on the car, the bank wouldn't let me have it without full coverage. I'm just a bit banged up, they wanted to take me in the ambulance to "observe you for the night" but it's just a few cuts and a scrape or 3. Hurt my ego more than anything, and seeing my beautiful car all covered in guts and dents. Could have been worse for sure.

Glad you're okay man!

damn son! glad you're ok!
Maybe I missed my calling in life. :rockin:

How's that big bad barley wine treating you? Did you add sugar from the get go or in the fermenter? I brewed what I guess is a biere de noel (not that that means anything) this week that went in the fermenter at 1.100 with no sugar, but I'm thinking of kicking it up another 20%.
neither. 17 lbs malt extract & 2 lbs grains. went from 1.114 to 1.006 & it was about 129 IBUs 3 years ago. I'm about 3/4 through this glass and head's buzzin'. the 7% IPA before this probably didn't help.

BGBC said:
Jester King Commercial Suicide.

I think I should brew a mild. Anyone have a good recipe?

That's a great beer. I'd like to make something similar as well.

I wish I could say this was the first time this had happened. Last time I had to take a boss to court for refusing to pay me overtime, they settled immediately (although someone else filed the complaint this time). This time they're actually fighting it. Although I know they know they're going to lose, but that's another long story.

I'm lucky I realized it early and dropped out before I completed an associates. Although you end up the in same place eventually, you just end up destroying your body in the process.

Ha. Foreman I take it?

Alright, you had it worse today than I did.

On that note, night all.

Back