What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI - anyone need carboys? (yeah, im looking at you Gabe). Northern Brewer plastic carboy BOGO (5 or 6 gallon) through midnight Wednesday 9/18. Use DUBBLEUP5 or DUBBLEUP6 as the promo code. I just got two six gallons for 35.55 delivered.

damn, I wish I brewed enough to need those, thats a hell of a deal!

More heady Flopper. Just can't stop!

image-135797394.jpg

FYI - anyone need carboys? (yeah, im looking at you Gabe). Northern Brewer plastic carboy BOGO (5 or 6 gallon) through midnight Wednesday 9/18. Use DUBBLEUP5 or DUBBLEUP6 as the promo code. I just got two six gallons for 35.55 delivered.

Thanks for thinking of me. I get their emails, too. I'm not sure I've ever ordered from them, maybe I signed up at NHC. Looks like $37.47 for two five gallons for me with shipping. I'm not sure saving $6 a piece is worth it to me over going with American made Better Bottles from my LHBS instead.

You will be much nicer come the day you want to move a beer to secondary and you have one of these pn hand. Otherwise you will become bitter and mean. ;)

Iv already got a 5 gal better bottle. I was looking at getting two 6 gallon one for primary. I use a 6.5 gallon bucket right now and id like to see whats going on in there haha Just not sure if I need 3 primaries right now

Remmy! I can't keep up with you mang!! Mostly because my supplies are limited and I'm stuck at the apt with no ride. :( But I did have this with lunch!! Pretty good for a wheat! Again, courtesy of NIZZLE.

image-1306782688.jpg

Remmy! I can't keep up with you mang!! Mostly because my supplies are limited and I'm stuck at the apt with no ride. :( But I did have this with lunch!! Pretty good for a wheat! Again, courtesy of NIZZLE.

Yet another beer proving how much Three Floyds has gone down hill. When that beer was a 22oz seasonal, it was amazing.

TNGabe said:
Yet another beer proving how much Three Floyds has gone down hill. When that beer was a 22oz seasonal, it was amazing.

What a negative nancy! ;)

Actually I wouldn't know. It's the first time I've ever had an FFF.

My imperial stout. 5 beers (two 8.6% abv) in a 2 hr span. Semi-nice buzz right now.

image-53039835.jpg

tyzippers said:
What a negative nancy! ;)

Actually I wouldn't know. It's the first time I've ever had an FFF.

You're the one who said it was 'pretty good for a wheat'. :p

image-3480099892.jpg

Leftover chicken fajita tacos and a *gasp* pint of my farmhouse pale out of my fooking homer glass.

TNGabe said:
Thanks for thinking of me. I get their emails, too. I'm not sure I've ever ordered from them, maybe I signed up at NHC. Looks like $37.47 for two five gallons for me with shipping. I'm not sure saving $6 a piece is worth it to me over going with American made Better Bottles from my LHBS instead.

Your LHBS is good then - for me it's $9 a piece plus an half hour drive each way. I support them and will continue to, but I'll also save some $$ when I can.

Just finished my last water a while ago. It's always critical to make sure the bladder is empty before being trapped on a train for a few hours :)

Your LHBS is good then - for me it's $9 a piece plus an half hour drive each way. I support them and will continue to, but I'll also save some $$ when I can.

Just finished my last water a while ago. It's always critical to make sure the bladder is empty before being trapped on a train for a few hours :)

They don't have bathrooms on trains in this country? Yet another sign of American ineptitude.

My LHBS rocks! Part of why I shop there as much as possible.

tyzippers said:

Hit me up if you ever want to get smacked when you come to Connecticut or New York City.

You're the one who said it was 'pretty good for a wheat'. :p

Well...well...whatever! I don't...it's...see, I just...SHUT UP!! You're gonna make me cry! I'm TELLING!! ;)

Actually, I'm not a wheat beer guy, but as far as wheat beers go, Gumballhead was one that I would drink again. Would Like to try a berliner weisse at some point tho. Even tho it has wheat in it, I make an exception because of the lacto and other creatures inhabiting the brew.

TNGabe said:
They don't have bathrooms on trains in this country? Yet another sign of American ineptitude.

They do. It's called the corner.

Running is boring. I agree. I find that sprint workouts keep me a lot more motivated than running at 6-7 mph. Boring as ****.

That's what I do on "cardio" days. I put cardio in quotes because every day I workout is essentially an interval cardio session, but I count my kettlebell workouts as weight days.

Drinking water after my sprint workout. Should be moving on to beer after I go out to pick up some beer for a trade.

TNGabe said:

Oh , they have compartments labelled as bathrooms , but I can't get within five feet of one due to the stench. Actually going in one isn't even a consideration.

Note - I'm talking about MTA and NJT here. I would use one on Amtrak if the need arose.

For the record, non-NYC people is what ****s up every borough. Tourist bastards. Transplants. It's sickening. Wannabe NYCers.

Remmy said:
For the record, non-NYC people is what ****s up every borough. Tourist bastards. Transplants. It's sickening. Wannabe NYCers.

Whatever, dude. NYC blows and we all know it. ;) Overcrowded city full of pricks and assnuggets. Why anyone would aspire to live or do business there is beyond me.

Oh, ****...this on a local bar's website

Event Date

Event Description
"Goose Island Migration" - Brewery spotlight featuring Goose Island (Chicago, IL). Tap time - 7:00 p.m. In addition to the tap list below, they will be pouring sampling from bottles of King Henry, Bourbon County Vanilla 2010, and Bourbon County Rare.

The tap list includes BCBS and BCBCS...all of which I have yet to try. I will be there!

Event Date

Event Description
"Goose Island Migration" - Brewery spotlight featuring Goose Island (Chicago, IL). Tap time - 7:00 p.m. In addition to the tap list below, they will be pouring sampling from bottles of King Henry, Bourbon County Vanilla 2010, and Bourbon County Rare.

I will be there!

Ooo a 2010 that was before the buy out.

Event Date

Event Description

The tap list includes BCBS and BCBCS...all of which I have yet to try. I will be there!

Do you mind sharing what bar?

Channel66 said:
Ooo a 2010 that was before the buy out.

I believe that even though the buy out, the Chicago brewery deals with all the barrel aged stuff. I don't think InBev has much to do with the barrel aged stuff!

HB Brown Ale after brewing. I was gunna wait but this is my reward for keeping a level head after things went sideways at the end (siphon clogged with hops, forgot to take gravity reading, etc) :mug:

Do you mind sharing what bar?

Looks like it is probably Strangelove's.

GI is doing this Migration Week tour, last week it was at Churchkey in DC. I didn't go, but similar lineup:

Bottles:

King Henry 2011
Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 2012
Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout 2010
Juliet 2010
Madame Rose 2010
Madame Rose 2012

Draft:

Bourbon County Brand Stout - Cherry Rye 2012
Night Stalker 2012
Madame Rose 2013
Pepe Nero 2013