What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackberry Skeeter Pee again while some of my Wit chills

ForumRunner_20130707_223216.jpg

Still savoring this Tart Side of the Moon. This is such a good beer! Tastes even better now that it has warmed in the glass.

image-191764346.jpg

Channel66 said:
Any of you guys ever successfully make champagne?

Drinking a glass of Baxter brewing stowaway ipa.

I read alot about it and decided I would make some. But then I just went to the store and bought a bottle of champagne. :D
I still might try to make some one day, though.

Any of you guys ever successfully make champagne?

Drinking a glass of Baxter brewing stowaway ipa.
Technically, you can only make champagne in the province of Champagne France. There are lots of sparkling white wine recipes available on here though. Honestly, it isn't rocket surgery.

There are two types of sparking white wines, basically speaking. Ones that are autolyzed deliberately for protein stabilization, and ones that are designed to be consumed around the 2-3 year mark. Typically, Champagne is of the first type. "Aged" Champagne is of the second.

So, to make things totally opaque, yes and no. :D

Or first time having Angel Jizz.?...That $$$$'s addicitive..I mean the jizz, as I've never had anything from FW...wait..what???

First time having Firestone tonight. Epic!

ForumRunner_20130707_214750.png

And now a little sumpin...
However. My wife wanted to be funny. So she stuck her foot in, I said "keep it there!" So she put it back... so you gents get my hairy as **** leg and my wife's foot... youre welcome... PS... she is sober

Having a Dark Hollow from Blue Mountain Barrel House that Gabe sent. This has to be one of the best imperial stout's that I've had. I'd put this up there with Prairie Bomb!

First time having Firestone tonight. Epic!

One of the best all-around breweries out there. They don't make a bad beer, and alot of their stuff is ridiculously good...especially their barrelworks releases. Can't wait to visit the brewery next month.

had these last night playing poker. I was very surprised by the 80 acre, a wheat/IPA. It was smooth like a wheat but had a nice hop presence. Both great beers IMO!

2013-07-06 13.56.02.jpg

2013-07-07 16.40.26.jpg

Well, day off and brewing.

Got started with a hair of the dog - Ruth, nomz... 10a breakfast beer.
then a ballast point big eye ipa
and now a sculpin!

tried a new technique and missed my OG by 15 points :( still a good gravity sample, but it was 1.035 instead of 1.050. ah well! it's still beer, right? :)

IMG_20130708_094906_361_zpsda4b2fde.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Prepping the grill and enjoying a Heady after a spectacularly awful run. Well, I don't know if 'run' would be the right word, haha!

You just start running? Stick with it. It gets to be fun eventually. Well, I can't stand road running, but trails are fun. Beer podcasts help a lot, too.

Polishing off a second bottle of my ESB. I found a couple bottles of my Black IPA and Robust Porter that had relocated themselves to a different case of bottles, so that's probably on the plate for tonight, the Black IPA especially since it's 6+ months old at this point.

Channel66 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that listens to the BN while running.

I wish there was more quality and less dumb racist shock jock crap. But they do have some great interviews occasionally.

image-935254424.jpg

Tired Hands Cassie. Yum.

You just start running? Stick with it. It gets to be fun eventually. Well, I can't stand road running, but trails are fun. Beer podcasts help a lot, too.

I've been an off and on runner for a few years, but I am just now getting back into from taking a break during the holidays. I hate road running, too, and I keep telling myself I am going to do a trail, but I keep hitting the roads. I know where there is about a 4 mile trail near me, just gotta shake the old habit of running on the road and drive my happy a$$ out to the trail. Not sure I could listen to a podcast while running, but I suppose its worth a shot.

Latest posts

Back