What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. Drinking a brew and tears don't really feel too good. Especially after speaking to family. Today stinks. Definitely one of the worst days of my life.

I am so sorry for your loss, but thank you for reminding me about my uncle. He raised me after my father passed and has been gone 9 years now. You are right tears and beer don't really mix, but allow us to cope.
To your uncle and mine.

Ruin Ten.jpg

Jester king das wunderkind. Probably needs some more age, but nice now. Smuggled this one back for the brew day, but also had some southern tier 2X IPA and Unearthly, and many keystone lights. College, pong, good times

Hoppin' Frog's turbo shandy & hoppin to heaven IPA are pretty good too. They're over in Akron.
Havin another of my Maori IPA's atm.

Leffe - Blonde Blond . Real good beer . Slight skunky taste I think but does not leave an after taste of it . I will be buying some more of this one . Will be looking for a clone also .

Slanting some naught generation saison yeast. Sipping on a 2 year saison sample whilst I play with the fancy new beasts. My job is fun.

2+ yr old- Golden Pacific Gem. Extract batch with NB Golden malt extract,honeymalt,crystal 20, NZ PacificGem, and Nottingham. Very clean with no yeastiness/old yeast-taste or aroma or any offness. Quite good and aromatic thanks to oxygen caps. I thought for shure I had oxidized this batch from trying to rack off the loose pellot hop debris. LOt of bubbiling in the tube.

Very nice sweetish malt aroma with mulberries or some kind of dark berry- like a nice fruit pastry type aroma. Gem gives a mellow spicey/slightly citrus type bittering also. Very good for a 4.3% beer. Sometimes these little simple beers just turn out better when your not trying to hard.

Edwort's Apfelwein. This stuff is around 6 months old now. It tastes noticeably better than it did when I tried a bottle a month ago. I'll crack another in August.

Finally home from in laws. When I got there my FIL told me to follow him to the barn where he asked if I could use these

ForumRunner_20130629_210735.jpg

A 5gal and a 6 gal glass carboys. He said it would cost me a total of a 12 pk of my next brew. Now having Gabes Petite Saison. Well done buddy! This is a awesome beer, gets a nice funk as it warms and I dig the hop presence. I could drink this all day. Thanks Gabe!

ForumRunner_20130629_211036.png

Deep Ellum Farmhouse Wit. It's a cross between a Saison and a Wit. One of their yeasts is throwing off a little bit of sulfur but other than that I enjoy the tartness, spices, and crackery pils malt character.

image-1713742586.jpg

Back