What are the best online places to buy ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is that my MW crush on my last order was superb, I had been complaining about all of the uncrushed grain in my sacks from B3 for a year. I hear that AHS and BMW also have a great crush. Thanks guys... HBers dont like buying more grain because our efficiency sucks. Also, how can we brag about 85% efficiency when 1/3 of our grains are still whole? :D

My other complaints fell on deaf ears... turns out my APA yesterday could have used nearly 2 POUNDS less grain than before... overshot my target SG by 12 points. 70%-85%... some attributed to the crush I am certain, some also to the thinner mash.

As for service and quality throughout... NB, MW, AHS and BMW are the shiznit. I personally prefer MW (cost is low even with shipping to IN) and will be adding BMW to that list very soon. Again thanks Ed for consistently posting updates on your stock and new items, no one can deny that you are overwhelmingly active here on HBT, thanks.

I have a relatively close LHBS with pretty cheap deals on malt and grains, but they never seem to have the hops that I'm looking for. What is the cheapest place to order just hops online? Both bulk and by the oz.

I have a relatively close LHBS with pretty cheap deals on malt and grains, but they never seem to have the hops that I'm looking for. What is the cheapest place to order just hops online? Both bulk and by the oz.

NIKOBREW...

He is an HBT member, do a search, he has some great hop deals, in bulk and by the oz.

By the oz is generally $2... by the pound is $33 SHIPPED to your door.

I've bought from Freshops and HopsDirect. Both have great prices, but you have to be ready to buy by the pound from HopsDirect. Midwest looks to have good prices, too, but I've never bought from them.

I have not tried freshops, but they have great prices. Also nikobrew on here seems to be doing very well.

I just ordered a pound of leaf cascades 7% for $21.25 and a pound of Willamette for $19.95. The shipping was less than $5 for those 2 items. They are in the mail, but if the quality is there, I will be a repeat customer.

less than $47 for 2 pounds of hops to my door = :)

Back