What ale should I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klnosaj

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not heating a room just to ferment beer when I have four carboys already lagering or about to lager. So I need (maybe not need but you know what I mean, right?:ban:) to make an ale that I can ferment at lower temperatures. And I just bought several different pounds of hops. SO what should I make? These are the criteria:

• ferment temp ~60F
  • hops can be any combination of Willamette, Spalt, U.S. Saaz, or Czech Saaz
  • kettle to bottle in two weeks
  • not a California common (heresy in these parts, I know, but I don't like 'em!)
  • o.g 1.042-1.050
  • all grain

Whaddayathink?

Just use Nottingham or US05 yeast and make any ale you like. They ferment just fine at 60 degrees. It is the preferred temp, actually, if you want a clean profile with no esters.

How about Pacman? Sexy enough for you? They are all very similar, neutral and clean at that temp.

How about Pacman? Sexy enough for you? They are all very similar, neutral and clean at that temp.

That's a great suggestion since I've never used it before. I never would've thought on that on my own. That's another reason why I love this forum. :mug:

Back