What a difference honey makes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
This isnt a question, more of just a rave. I made a batch of JOAMesk on June 15 (I say that because I used the stormthecastle recipe and omitted cloves) using buckwheat honey rather than clover or orange blossom. Wowzers! Between the gorgeous black licorice color (purplish) and the molasses-like tones, the taste I took indicated this might be the best of the 7 batches I have made. I cant wait to see how this ages!

Could you please send me the link with the recipe? I am going to start my first batch soon and I am impressed with his Mead videos. It seems that the JOAM is a very popular and easy brew

BTW, another tasting yesterday of the buckwheat honey mead and I'm more than pleasantly surprised. Caramel, molasses and other cooked sugar notes (and everything that comes with it). The color is that of a cup of Lipton tea.

I am no longer afraid of buckwheat honey!

Now if I could just find a place to hide this from myself so that I dont drink it all before it ages!!

You may want to seek out your nearest Beekeeper Association. They are not only a great source for honey, they will probably turn out to be mead-makers also!

cheers,

robin850

Back