West coast is the best coast..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We in North Carolina salute Oregon. However, I'd venture to suggest that those who claim they live in beervana are highly amusing to those of us who actually do. :D

We in North Carolina salute Oregon. However, I'd venture to suggest that those who claim they live in beervana are highly amusing to those of us who actually do. :D

Blessed to live here, it's an amazing place to live as long as you live outside of Multnomah county IMO. Taxes/property is way cheaper outside Portland proper. It also doesn't rain as much as people make it out to be, Seattle/Vancouver BC rains a lot more.

Oh, it was all in fun. Same is true of NC as long as you don't live in the big metro areas (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, Winston-Salem/Greensboro, and Charlotte). And those cities are cool to visit for the local beer scene.

welcome! I have 2 buddies that live in your area.Drove through it couple times its pretty but there is nothing like living in santa cruz area.

Totally agree except SoCal is the best...for the 3 B's (beer, burgers, boobs)...and mexican food but that's not a B.

Totally agree except SoCal is the best...for the 3 B's (beer, burgers, boobs)...and mexican food but that's not a B.

I enjoy socal for vacation(going next week)but traffic on 5 at midnight on a wednesday?? WTF go home and sleep already!! way too much traffic

oh and mexcan food? we are in farmland country TAQUERIAS all day!!

cheers ...go Raiders,A`s and sharks!!

Touche! Thats why I wouldnt live anywhere else! Cheers and welcome from the south-west coast:mug:

You might not be able to enjoy your Beervana when the southern half of the coast slides into the ocean and the northern half blows up when the volcanoes go active!!!

You might not be able to enjoy your Beervana when the southern half of the coast slides into the ocean and the northern half blows up when the volcanoes go active!!!

Hey! When we slide into the ocean that will mean that we'll be on our own beervania private island. By invite only!!! :cross:

I respectfully disagree.

Portland has always held the title, or in some years, top ten of the most strip clubs per capita.

Burgers? Well you guys do have In-N-Out, and I'm a sucker for a Double-Double. We, however, do have Burgerville, Annies, Helvatia Tavern, The Cruise Inn, Killer Burger, and Lardo.

Beer?!? This one is a hands down PNW winner. Full Sail, Henry Weinhards, Pyramid, Rouge, Portland Brewing, 10 Barrel, McMinemins, Redhook, Deschutes, & Golden Valley. Let's not forget that we are on the 45th parallel. Notorious for water and hop growing. This is why a lot of American hops you use are named after the PNW (Cascade, Willamette, Mt. Hood, Chinook, etc.)

Not to mention you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a LHBS. I have five of them within a fifteen minute drive. Two of them will bring me my order (over $100). Oh, and all of them have tap rooms.

I've always wondered why people say "Pacific North West." I wasn't aware of an Atlantic North West. What am I missing?

Cheers from the Atlantic South East.

The American north-west includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Northern California. The Pacific north-west includes Oregon, Washington and depending on who you ask, Alaska and Northern California too.

I respectfully disagree.

Portland has always held the title, or in some years, top ten of the most strip clubs per capita.

Burgers? Well you guys do have In-N-Out, and I'm a sucker for a Double-Double. We, however, do have Burgerville, Annies, Helvatia Tavern, The Cruise Inn, Killer Burger, and Lardo.

Beer?!? This one is a hands down PNW winner. Full Sail, Henry Weinhards, Pyramid, Rouge, Portland Brewing, 10 Barrel, McMinemins, Redhook, Deschutes, & Golden Valley. Let's not forget that we are on the 45th parallel. Notorious for water and hop growing. This is why a lot of American hops you use are named after the PNW (Cascade, Willamette, Mt. Hood, Chinook, etc.)

Not to mention you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a LHBS. I have five of them within a fifteen minute drive. Two of them will bring me my order (over $100). Oh, and all of them have tap rooms.

The American north-west includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Northern California. The Pacific north-west includes Oregon, Washington and depending on who you ask, Alaska and Northern California too.

Lets agree that, like the title says... West coast rules all. But, here in SoCal we can argue that we have stone, green flash, ballast point, etc. Highway 78 has even been dubbed hop highway. So SoCal can compete. Oh, but if we did want to take the win... we have sun... year round :D:drunk:

Edit: My great grandma lived in Oregon so Ive been there a few times, and I do have to say that I am a big fan of the PNW. I just like it here more :)

Lets agree that, like the title says... West coast rules all. But, here in SoCal we can argue that we have stone, green flash, ballast point, etc. Highway 78 has even been dubbed hop highway. So SoCal can compete. Oh, but if we did want to take the win... we have sun... year round :D:drunk:

Edit: My great grandma lived in Oregon so Ive been there a few times, and I do have to say that I am a big fan of the PNW. I just like it here more :)

Oooh. I forgot about Stone brewery and all that sun. In our defense though, the sun is always shining above all those rain clouds. :cross:

I moved here from San Diego back in 1999. I do miss the weather (except the Santa Ana winds). I would like to go back and visit sometime.

Fine...it's a tie :mug:

I enjoy socal for vacation(going next week)but traffic on 5 at midnight on a wednesday?? WTF go home and sleep already!! way too much traffic

oh and mexcan food? we are in farmland country TAQUERIAS all day!!

cheers ...go Raiders,A`s and sharks!!

I drive 12 miles one way to work and it takes 1.25 hours each time. You'll be lucky to buy a house for under $600K that's over 1200sqft. In Santa Monica, if you drive a 3-series BMW to work, you're considered not successful. Women will consider you not worthy to talk to unless you look like Ryan Gosling or work in the 'industry'. Thank god I'm married. Otherwise, I love it here :)

I drive 12 miles one way to work and it takes 1.25 hours each time. You'll be lucky to buy a house for under $600K that's over 1200sqft. In Santa Monica, if you drive a 3-series BMW to work, you're considered not successful. Women will consider you not worthy to talk to unless you look like Ryan Gosling or work in the 'industry'. Thank god I'm married. Otherwise, I love it here :)

Ha, touche to that. At my high school, the students drove nicer cars than the teachers (vettes, porches and BMWs were common). I remember a girl in my class got a brand new Jaguar XK when she turn 16. Turns out her grandma bought it for her cuz she wanted to have matching cars. Guess it helps that her grandpa is the founder/CEO of Qualcomm haha. We dont have the traffic as bad as LA though

I respectfully disagree.

Floppy.. You neglected Tilt (best burger IMO) and Stanich's...

Cali has us for fish tacos, although I'd argue they are better in Hawaii.. Jaws on the way to Big Beach in Maui

Beer oh yea we also have Ninkasi, Good Life, HUB, Breakside, Boneyard, Hop Valley. I could go on because i'm not even scratching the surface.

Back