Weldless Bulkhead Gasket questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noefite

EOD Hasher
Reaction score
I purchased a weldless bulkhead on Amazon for my brew pot. The previous one I purchased came with two silicone gaskets and it immediately sealed perfectly with a 7/8" hole. I ordered it again for a new brew pot and this time it came with two O-rings. Well, they squeeze out the sides and leak continuously.
Does anyone know anyone who sells the gaskets only? I'm coming up empty on almost every home brew site, it's as though everyone is going to the O-rings now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00420WMUU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you return the bulkheads? If so, I'd return them and check out the true bulkheads at brewhardware.com. I have them on my kettles I love them.

If you can't return them, or just choose not to, then Bobby (brewhardware's owner) also has various gaskets. I like the flat silicon washers over the silicon Orings.

True Weldless Bulkhead

Silicone gaskets

NOTE: I'm not affiliated with brewhardware in any way.

That's perfect! Just ordered two! Why are so many companies going to O-rings!? Once you over tighten, it's impossible to get them to seat properly again. Gaskets are the only way to go here.

Totally untrue. If you design the bulkhead properly with an ORING glands, they are better than flat gaskets. The problem is that 99% of shops that sell bulkheads don't care about how hard it is to install them leak free.

Back