Welcome to my Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, your bar looks great! Nice to see Houlton well-represented - count me among the "far southern" Mainers...like five states south. But grew up in Bangor (is the cross from Mount Pleasant Cemetery?)

Also, Nocturnem looks great. BFM on cask in Bangor?! I've never even seen that here in New York.

Thanks, Ghostly! Sadly (or not so sadly), The Pub has been turned into a temporary recording studio while my band works on our demo (hopefully done this week.. at least the rough tracks).

But if you're ever back in the area, let me know... admission is a 6-er of HB. ;-)

And I'll take any excuse to go hang out with Gene at Nocturnem. :)

Edited to add: You are spot on about the cross photo. We got some great shots of some of the old old Celtic carvings on one very cold spring day a couple years ago. :)

Sweet! When I saw the first few pics I thought that green paint wouldn't work, but man it all really pulled together and came out awesome. Nice Work, you got skilz.:mug:

Very, very nice! I think the ceiling makes it...who woulda thunk that styrofoam could be used in the ceiling???? But, it's not like it ever gets touched....brilliant!

Awesome job man. Appreciate the humble attitude too, especially considering how great it turned out. Now your buddies are gonna be there every night though ;)

Thanks and cheers, bottleb. Having a "humble attitude" is fairly easy since my carpentry skills are simply no match for most of the other builds I've seen on here and in other forums... I always insist that no one put a square to the bar. ;-)

An it's been many a year, but I have finally filled my tap wall... ;-D

545235_10202236547863580_625496703_n.jpg

Looks good. I think the best thing about the room is the Scotland flag hanging up on the wall!

And we still have it.. and, of course, added the Irish flag as well.

This photo is from Spring 2012.. yes, I was my own entertainment at my graduation party... no wonder the room was empty.. :rockin:

DSC_0189.jpg

Very nice looking PUB. I like the idea of the tiles to set it all off. I'm looking at that product real hard now for another part of my project.

Thanks for Sharing, Castermmt

Go Irish:tank:

Very nice looking PUB. I like the idea of the tiles to set it all off. I'm looking at that product real hard now for another part of my project.

Thanks for Sharing, Castermmt

Go Irish:tank:

We used the same tiles in the bathroom (different pattern and unfinished.. They take latex paint very well), and leftover tikes from the bathroom are the ceiling in my ferment closet.

We're in the process of remodeling the house and will be using those tiles everywhere.

Do you know where about in Scotland? I'm born and bred and moved over 18 months ago.

Pub looks very nice. Definitely has that Scottish/Irish 'local' feel to it!

Do you know where about in Scotland? I'm born and bred and moved over 18 months ago.

Pub looks very nice. Definitely has that Scottish/Irish 'local' feel to it!

In and around Mull and Inverness-shire. They didn't wander too far after Lachlan sold the Isle of Ulva.

Would love to have you come sip a pint or twenty with us sometime. :mug:

Beautiful part of the country! Visited many a time.

Sounds good to me. I visited Nova Scotia when I was around 18 for a vacation and I'd love to get up to the ME/VT area of the States. Having 20 beers in a 'local' bar like yours has been added to my bucket list!

Beautiful part of the country! Visited many a time.

Sounds good to me. I visited Nova Scotia when I was around 18 for a vacation and I'd love to get up to the ME/VT area of the States. Having 20 beers in a 'local' bar like yours has been added to my bucket list!

Never been to the "Mother Land". Wish I could go.

On the other hand, I *have* been to Philly.. Used to live across the river in Washington Township, NJ... There used to be a killer pub on South St.. don't remember the name of it though.. and there was a little hole-in-the-wall pub called Harper's in Clementon, NJ that made the absolute BEST wings ever...

I also used to DJ at Club Risque back in the day... it was northeast Philly somewhere.. it's been so long, I don't remember... lol

Are you Scottish, Irish or is it heritage?

Hey Brew, finally clicked your link to check out the pub. Very cool!

As for the Scottish and Irish flags together in the same room... I had a Scot friend who said the Irish and Scots absolutely hate each other, even thought there's not really much difference, especially when they "mix", but no self-respecting Irish or Scot would ever admit to that. That's all hearsay though.

Hey Brew, finally clicked your link to check out the pub. Very cool!

As for the Scottish and Irish flags together in the same room... I had a Scot friend who said the Irish and Scots absolutely hate each other, even thought there's not really much difference, especially when they "mix", but no self-respecting Irish or Scot would ever admit to that. That's all hearsay though.

Anyone who doesn't like the English is a friend of mine.. so yeah, that includes the Irish. ;-)

Back