Wedding Recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSpectre

Reaction score
So I am getting married in October this year and our reception venue (Irish pub) has let us serve home brew at the bar. I figure I should get brewing to have a good batch done by then. Now the hard part is what I should brew! I have 3 half kegs already ordered for the standard plebians and upgraded stuff for me.

Currently on tap: Smithwicks, Lakefront Riverwest Stein (local), Miller lite.

I want to do something special, and maybe experimental. I am pretty partial to Belgian styles and have a tripel and a Strong dark aging currently.

Maybe a dopplebock? Lighter ale? Something more session like?

What say you HBT?!

Any idea what your guests are into? Will something hoppy alienate too many people?

If you're into Belgian styles, a good blonde ale or wit is usually a nice, approachable crowd pleaser.

Most of my friends prefer malty beers. Myself included. I made a Northern Brewer Hefewiezen and Midwest Lawnmower Siasons a few months ago and they went over extremely well. Its in October, so I was thinking something with a little more body to them

I was thinking Belgian Wit, or a Brown Ale maybe good, or give a shot at a lager and go with a Dopplebock.

Great idea to brew for your wedding. I did the same thing a few years back for my rehearsal dinner. Knowing my wife, her friends, and family were majority (Mich Ultra, Blue Moon, and EVB Blueberry) drinkers I decided to make a few "Women Friendly beers" I made a Strawberry Blonde and I made a better version of a Sam Adams Summer Ale clone.

Fast forward a month after wedding and I caught my wife and her friends kicking the keg one day after work. Proud moments in brewing...

Always have some of your favorites for you and buddies but remember at least half of the guests are probably not Belgian/Strong Dark drinkers.

Great idea to brew for your wedding. I did the same thing a few years back for my rehearsal dinner. Knowing my wife, her friends, and family were majority (Mich Ultra, Blue Moon, and EVB Blueberry) drinkers I decided to make a few "Women Friendly beers" I made a Strawberry Blonde and I made a better version of a Sam Adams Summer Ale clone.

Fast forward a month after wedding and I caught my wife and her friends kicking the keg one day after work. Proud moments in brewing...

Always have some of your favorites for you and buddies but remember at least half of the guests are probably not Belgian/Strong Dark drinkers.

Correct. I think a His and hers might be good. Shes a big beer fan as well. No disputes then :)

A doppelbock would certainly ensure that the dance floor is well used. :) Consummator?

Oh man. That is brilliant! I can't not do a dopplebock now. :rockin:

Back