Wedding Party Gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AluminumGerbil

Reaction score
I'll be getting married in June of next year and have decided to give mugs, bottle openers, and homebrew to my groomsmen. They all know I'm a beer fanatic so it kind of fits. Still working on a nice IPA recipe, but I've got 8 months before I need to really get on it. I've got a color laserjet at home so I'll be printing them, but I'm ordering sticker paper through NEATO because it's very important to me that these look professional. I wanted to get some opinions so I can touch up the labels. I don't know what we're putting on the final two labels, either different pictures or the same ones that are on the first two. We're both Irish and my last name is Griffin just to let you guys in on the graphics choices I made. Anyway, I'm still learning photoshop so be nice! But I'd love some constructive criticism cause I really want these to turn out well.

THANKS!

Gift-Bottle.jpg

They look pretty good to me. Have you tried it with a green color, sort of to emphasize the Irish aspect and also to convey the green hops?

And Good Lord, 2 Irish people living together?? it's a good thing you both probably like drinking!

pretty funny - my fiance and I have a similar 'theme' to our wedding...

I used homebrew to ask my bestman/groomsman to be in the wedding - slapped the label below on the bottle and got a pint glass from the brewpub (venue) and mailed it to them.

%236+-+Groomsmen+IPA.png

The griffin and the Claddagh ring are a nice touch!

As for the empty pictures, I know some people like to put dorky childhood pictures of themselves in their wedding slide shows. Maybe if either of you know your family's coat of arms that could go in the empty spot. Or if you take a vacation between now and your wedding I bet you could get some really great pictures there.

I played with green a little per recommendation, couldn't find a color I really liked.

Trish, I love the idea of kids pictures. I may have to have my mom start digging. Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

I'm guessing you can't find a color you like because of the B&W photos. The surrounding color is VERY saturated and is clashing with the subtle photos. It's also giving more visual weight to the frame instead of the photo making me see the frame first. You might want to try something in a sepia tone, redish brown, but more subtle. Or any other color, just not as saturated a primary color.

Just a suggestion. And congratulations! And great idea on the label invitation. I foresee others using beer as invitations for all kinds of occasions now...and it all started with you. :mug:

To me it seems the bright red and yellow scream "LOOK AT ME!" I would suggest making the frame a bit more subtle. Or use color photos and coordinating colors for the frame.

But as I always say, it only matters what you think and if you like it.

Back