Wedding ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUNDMC

Reaction score
My daughter is getting married next year and wants me to brew a special beer to serve at her wedding. So i am looking for an amber special occasion ale to serve. Any suggestions for a mini mash recipe? I have enough time to experiment!

Congrats, man. I am getting married next year and have started brewing for it as well. If you find a good recipe let me know :) I'm having trouble deciding what to serve.

I'd do a blonde ale such as BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde for one of the beers. From what I hear, it is a great bridge, appealing to both BMC drinkers and beer geeks. I did a BIAB version a couple weeks ago, and it was about as easy as it gets.

You might do a half batch of something darker, as well. Something for the more adventurous wedding-goers to have a go at. Good way to drum up some interest in homebrewing. Nothing too hoppy, I would say, as "this is too bitter" is the number one complaint I get when letting others try the craft brew I buy. Most people are familiar with Guinness - maybe a nice, dry, session stout.

I have made a few nice blondes, but was wanting to add a little something special. What do you think of adding fruit flavoring?

I did a session IPA that was basically the grainbill from Biermuncher's centennial blonde and the hops from EdWort's Stone IPA clone (adjusted to keep the OG/IBU ratio from the original IPA) and it was a big hit at a friend's wedding. Not too bitter, but nice hop aroma and flavor.

Back