Weak flavor in my beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovage

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been brewing for a while now. Almost 10 years now,sheesh. Time flies. Half of that was in S Florida where apparently the tap water is great for brewing. I always made decent beer. Moved to Wisconsin and my tap water sucks, took me a while to figure that out šŸ™ƒ.
So now I build my brewing water starting from RO. Long story longer, the flavors in my beer are great. My last couple, a Brown Ale and a Dunkelweizen tasted how I hoped but not strong Enough. Very muted but not watery. It's been this way for my last handful of batches. Flavor good and clean but at a 4 when I was hoping for an 8. I do BIAB in an Anvil Foundry. Should I boil longer and put a bit less into the fermenter?

Weirdly I am hitting my OG, or near enough. As for the salts Ive been using the basic chart that came with my Foundry. Do you have a general amount in grams that you use?

How long have you noticed the flavor change? Could it be your sense of taste hasnā€™t fully come back?

Back