Way, way, way over the top Sam Adams Utopia clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I seeeee how it is!! Now that we're mearly a day away the ole' "hey guys, we kinda pitched in for this beer" post comes rolling out.

If I had known it was going to be THAT kind of day!!

(100% totally being an ahole and busting your chops... blame the beer lunch)

I've had Utopia a bunch of times and I'll leave all 22 ounces to you guys. Besides, given the lunch and night I have planned, not sure 26% ABV ANYTHING would work for me in the morning. :tank:

Ps.. i'm so winning the rib competition!!! :p

Crap!

That's exactly what I was afraid of. Honest to god, I would just as soon drink it myself just me and Chris, even if it meant that getting that drunk around him I'd in all likelyhood strangle the irritating prick. (Just kidding Chris.)

I want to share it, I just don't want to pay for doing so. Forget I mentioned it, I knew I shouldn't have.

And I'm wiping the floor up with your ribs.

Oh it's on!!!!

... and you know I was joking about the cash. Don't be silly. For that kinda cash for a 22 oz bottle, you should absolutely say something.

OH... actually... I.. uhhh... I feel bad bringing this up.. but... the ribs are gonna run me a little bit of cash soooooo.... if anyone who's planning on having a rib... could just... you know... maybe pitch in

:p :p :p

Man... I gotta lay off the sauce at lunch!!

Paul and Chris, I was wondering what you guys were planning on mashing in. I talked to Steve at TWB last night and asked him if he knew how you guys were planning on brewing this beast. He just laughed and said he had no idea and we figured you'd have to be mashing in a bath tub or something with that amount of grain.

And don't feel bad about saying something about the bottle you got for tomorrow. It's perfectly understandable and I'd probably do the same thing.

See you guys tomorrow!

OH... actually... I.. uhhh... I feel bad bringing this up.. but... the ribs are gonna run me a little bit of cash soooooo.... if anyone who's planning on having a rib... could just... you know... maybe pitch in

You are SUCH a f'ing prick! ROFLMHAO

You don't really think anyone would pay good money for your General Electric cooked ribs, do you? :ban:

Paul and Chris, I was wondering what you guys were planning on mashing in. I talked to Steve at TWB last night and asked him if he knew how you guys were planning on brewing this beast. He just laughed and said he had no idea and we figured you'd have to be mashing in a bath tub or something with that amount of grain.

That might work if Chris bathed on a regualr basis and HAD a tub, but alas...

Would you take a check from any of the guys who are showing up? I'll be surprised if Chris doesn't nail shut the silverware draw.

You f'ing guys are killing me.

I know what we'll do to drive up sales. For every shot of Utopia you get a free schooner of Chris's Blueberryballs Ale. Tomorrow only.

Would you take a check from any of the guys who are showing up? I'll be surprised if Chris doesn't nail shut the silverware draw.

You f'ing guys are killing me.

I know what we'll do to drive up sales. For every shot of Utopia you get a free schooner of Chris's Blueberryballs Ale. Tomorrow only.

:drunk: Sounds good to me...

Shyte, for 250 bucks a bottle I wouldn't give out any either..

No need to worry people no blueberry on tap. My wife is pregnant and can't drink so only good stuff on tap. :)

Regardless of the awkwardness involved, I'd gladly chip in to try that beer... I've had chances to get a bottle, but it was WAY outta my price range...

I am staring at the bottle now wishing it were open but I have been drinking apfelwine..... SO who knows....

Morning Ladies.

Coffee's brewing, ****, shower and shave completed.

I'm leaving in 15 minutes, Chris.

If you don't have it already you can get my phone number or Chris's address by calling 'The Witches Brew' and talking to Steve. But you should all have it by now.

Lets get it on!

PTN

Good Luck. God I wish I was there. It's snowing and windy and cold here and I have to go to work in a few hours. I'll be daydreaming of how this is going down while I'm at work.

With this thread and football, its going to be a good day. can't wait to see some pics

Alright... the mash is on... I'm uploading pics as we go today so that Paul and Chris and focus on the beer. We are mashing at 150 and maintaining temps over 2.5 hours using a reverse HERMS and IC's...

P1010593.JPG

The Starter...

P1010597.JPG

Mashing with reverse HERMS

P1010596.JPG

The official single tier system...

DSCN00531.JPG

The observers... I'm in the middle

Cool pics. I wish I still lived in Mass.
Is it snowing there? My mom and bro are flying into Logan tonight. I hope they get in. Been snowing in western CT since 1 pm.

Have fun, guys.:mug:

i hope you guys have some extra propane tanks. nice work so far :) Love the ginormous starter pic

Oh man, I just got home. I brewed BierMunchers Helles Belles today and I'm friggin beat..I had a blast, lots of good food and drink. I wanna thank Paul and Chris for hosting this shindig.. Beautiful house man...It was nice to see Sumo again and to meet Drinkswellwithothers,Capebrewing and AnthonyLopez...

Hey Capebrewing, Those ribs were Fukcing fantastic...

Cheers

Back