Water Testing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toad32

Reaction score
First, thanks in advance to all of you for all the information you share so readily. I am certain that I have more hair than I would have had I not found this site! =)

Can anyone point me to a source that does water testing? I would very much like to understand my source water in greater depth to better understand what is going on with my brewing.

I have tried my municipal utility provider and was directed to this report and was informed that if I want other details that I should secure a third party test. They had no recommendations and frankly I don't think they had a clue what and why I was asking (sometimes a small town is a PITA).

I really want to see Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Sulfate, Chloride, Bicarbonate (in ppm) along with pH (I can test pH easy enough however). Obviously testing for other contaminants would be nice as well but these parameters are key.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has been covered in one of the wonderful FAQ or Wiki's...I DID look before asking. :p

Latest posts

Back