WANTED: "Juicy" IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
OK, since everything i read says NEIPA hates o2, and i wanna try making a good ipa that is "Juicy" utilizing Imperial A38 but want it to be simple and not have to worry as much about o2 when I transfer to keg, anyone have any ideas on a good juicy ipa recipe? from what I read, o2 will darken the color of hazy ipas, and i was thinking of either utilizing a keg as a fermenter, with gas out going into bucket of starsan, and then pressure transfer into secondary keg utilizing co2, not sure what to brew. Hoping to buy ingredients and brew it up on the 9th, but who knows.

It’s not just NEIPA’s. Hop loaded beers in general oxidized easily. I think the slightly darker color of a WC IPA hides the visual effects of oxidation but your nose and tongue will know it’s there

An easy answer and an easy recipe, 100% base malt, two row or pale ale malt and lots of C hops (hops that start with C in the name) to get you to your desired IBU, you can use any of the online beer recipe software site if desired.

An example for a five gallon batch.
10 pounds pale ale malt or two row malt
2-4 ounces of Centennial @ 60
2 ounces of Centennial @ 20
an ounce or two of Centennial @ 10
Some hops after you chill to ~170 are good as well.
Chill to ~65 and add in US-05, S-02 dry yeast or if you have ready access to liquid yeast Wyeast 1056 or White Labs WLP-001 or 002
You mentioned Imperial A38, that will work fine as well.

Dry hop if desired

This is referred to as a SMASH beer which is an acronym for Single Malt and Single Hop

Really most C hops can be used and most work well together.

An easy answer and an easy recipe, 100% base malt, two row or pale ale malt and lots of C hops (hops that start with C in the name) to get you to your desired IBU, you can use any of the online beer recipe software site if desired.

An example for a five gallon batch.
10 pounds pale ale malt or two row malt
2-4 ounces of Centennial @ 60
2 ounces of Centennial @ 20
an ounce or two of Centennial @ 10
Some hops after you chill to ~170 are good as well.
Chill to ~65 and add in US-05, S-02 dry yeast or if you have ready access to liquid yeast Wyeast 1056 or White Labs WLP-001 or 002
You mentioned Imperial A38, that will work fine as well.

Dry hop if desired

This is referred to as a SMASH beer which is an acronym for Single Malt and Single Hop

Really most C hops can be used and most work well together.

I wouldn't classify C hops as "juicy", closer to "dank" I would say. But the idea of a smash beer is good. I did a few that turned out rather juicy. Citra, Mosiac, Strata, BRU-1, Galaxy are some good, juicy smash hops.

I got your juicy IPA recipe right here :mug:
As suggested by Weldwerks themselves (WeldWerks Brewing Co. Juicy Bits New England–Style IPA Recipe) they call it an IPA...

Cheers!
juicy_bits.jpg

Latest posts

Back