Want to start kegging. Who has the best deals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroyD

Reaction score
I've been bottling for a while now and just don't have the space for all them bottles and cleaning is becoming a pain in the arse. I'm looking to get a 2 keg setup with possibly adding more in the future. What's the best route for a setup? Single CO2 controller with a gas bar or multi gauge? Also, who has the best deals on complete setups?

I think kegconnection.com has a sale right now.

As far as a regulator, I used to have two primary regulators, but I found that I wasn't really using them for serving at different pressures (and it took up more room in the kegerator) so I gave that to a friend and went back to one primary regulator that feeds 5 kegs. You only "need" two primary regulators if you want to serve one beer at a higher pressure than another, or something like soda that needs 30 psi while the beer needs 12 psi.

I have one primary regulator with a WYE fitting. One of the ends goes into my 4-way distributor, and one is by itself, to use with my beergun or to give a shot of c02 to a keg after I've kegged it.

How many kegs are you planning on having, and do you need different pressures? That will help you decide what you'd like to get.

My only thoughts with having multiple regulators for control was for force pressuring new kegs that come in but I suppose with a rail system you can turn off the other lines on the bar/distributor and force it that way.

Thanks for the information.

I'm in the market for a similar keg setup myself. I've gone through every vendor website listed on HBT, and kegconnection.com has by far the best deals. IMO Even before the sale.

My only thoughts with having multiple regulators for control was for force pressuring new kegs that come in but I suppose with a rail system you can turn off the other lines on the bar/distributor and force it that way.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, you can do that. Or you can stick the kegs in the kegerator at 12 psi with the other kegs, and they'll be carbed up in a week or two.

Back