Wait, How does MS still suck?!!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't do this sort of thing on a forum, but I did it last year (and the year before... so maybe I would). I am totally going to do it, and you all get to find out my real name (should you care to) if you click through... (Or if you ask nicely)

A decade ago my sister was diagnosed with MS. Over the past year, there have been great achievements in the medical community to help those who suffer from MS, and there are more to come. Please consider donating to Walk MS on my behalf as I attempt to beat my fundraise from last year and top $10,000. Ending multiple sclerosis for good will take all of us. It’s why Walk MS matters so much. And it’s why I’ve registered.. I hope you will support my fundraising efforts with a tax-deductible donation.

I am currently almost 20% of the way to $10,000 and almost halfway to having to run a 10k (what?!, see below) With the walk coming up, I figured I would hit up some awesome folk, as seriously, I am pretty willing to do about anything to raise funds for this cause. As you will see below, I am committed to running to the extent that I raise funds, and to that end wanted to point out that should I break 5k, I will be running a 5k and if I break 10k, well, you get the point. Let's see how badly I can injure and/or embarrass myself!!

To that end, I commit to the following:
• If I raise $5,000, I will run a 5k,
• If I raise $10,000, I will run a 10k,
• If I raise $13,100, I will run a half marathon, and
• If I somehow raise $26,200, I will run a marathon. An event that is a bit beyond me, but f it, I'll try

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS, but they can't do it without our help. It’s faster and easier than ever to support this cause. Simply click the link below to visit my page and make a donation.
Your donation will drive groundbreaking research, provide life-changing services and guarantee a supportive community for those who need it most. Together, we will end MS.
Please support me by making a donation today. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted about my progress.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?fr_id=31110&pg=personal&px=14859432

I normally wouldn't do this sort of thing on a forum, but I did it last year (and the year before... so maybe I would). I am totally going to do it, and you all get to find out my real name (should you care to) if you click through... (Or if you ask nicely)

A decade ago my sister was diagnosed with MS. Over the past year, there have been great achievements in the medical community to help those who suffer from MS, and there are more to come. Please consider donating to Walk MS on my behalf as I attempt to beat my fundraise from last year and top $10,000. Ending multiple sclerosis for good will take all of us. It’s why Walk MS matters so much. And it’s why I’ve registered.. I hope you will support my fundraising efforts with a tax-deductible donation.

I am currently almost 20% of the way to $10,000 and almost halfway to having to run a 10k (what?!, see below) With the walk coming up, I figured I would hit up some awesome folk, as seriously, I am pretty willing to do about anything to raise funds for this cause. As you will see below, I am committed to running to the extent that I raise funds, and to that end wanted to point out that should I break 5k, I will be running a 5k and if I break 10k, well, you get the point. Let's see how badly I can injure and/or embarrass myself!!

To that end, I commit to the following:
• If I raise $5,000, I will run a 5k,
• If I raise $10,000, I will run a 10k,
• If I raise $13,100, I will run a half marathon, and
• If I somehow raise $26,200, I will run a marathon. An event that is a bit beyond me, but f it, I'll try

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS, but they can't do it without our help. It’s faster and easier than ever to support this cause. Simply click the link below to visit my page and make a donation.
Your donation will drive groundbreaking research, provide life-changing services and guarantee a supportive community for those who need it most. Together, we will end MS.
Please support me by making a donation today. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted about my progress.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?fr_id=31110&pg=personal&px=14859432

Randomly and intentionally bumping.

I wish your Sister all the best in her fight with that terrible disease. My best friend Brian passed 3 years ago of MS.

I hope you have to run 26.2

It is people like you who keep up the fight to find a cure.
There have been many treatments that are funded by the drive to help someone try to live a quality life. We all applaud you.

So, the Walk has been officially cancelled for this year. I still intend to walk 3 miles, but it is not going to be part of a mass of humanity. Given the way the world is heading, I am betting that charities are gonna get hit this year so I am going to keep fund raising to do my part. Thanks to all that have already kicked in.

Made a small donation. I love what you are doing. Thoughts out to you and your family! Glad to help fellow Liverpool supporters. Cheers my man!

Sorry to hear about your sister's condition. Great that you are doing something about it. Donation sent, Cheers to you and your sis.

Don’t make me get all sappy. Thank you, and we better not lose the title over this.
I can't imagine that would happen. It's been so clear that Liverpool is the best team this season. It's almost fitting that a week before claiming the first title in 30 years we have to wait a little while longer.

Thank you to everyone that chipped in this year. This community has definitely delivered!

Tomorrow will be bittersweet, as the walk has gone virtual, but I intend to walk (by myself) for the 3 miles that I otherwise would have. Thank you again everyone!

Back