Vortex of fermenting beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickettj

Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/rM7nfC7ksB8[/ame]

My bock beer made from a kit from my LHBS. 76 seems rediculously high but it seems to be doing well!

CityOChampBrew said:
if it is a true bock that is rediculously high being that it should be fermented with a lager yeast

Yeah, I don't have the capacity to ferment lagers so its a bock recipe with an ale yeast as provided by my LHBS. I realize its not a true bock but its as close as I'm going to get until I have the capacity to lager.

Closest you'll get to a bock with an ale yeast is using a clean yeast as cold as possible. At 76 you're going to a get a lot of fruity esters.

mdgagne said:
Closest you'll get to a bock with an ale yeast is using a clean yeast as cold as possible. At 76 you're going to a get a lot of fruity esters.

Would have been nice if they would have told me that. Oh well, it's beer, right. :-/

Pickettj said:
Would have been nice if they would have told me that. Oh well, it's beer, right. :-/

Don't worry to much man. Cool it down when you get home. You may have created something totally unique and awesome. I had a similar situation and my beer still tasted ok. Might not be what you were shooting for though. RDWHAHB

Cheers!

Back