Vodka and tangerine taste cure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srdjan Ostric

Reaction score
I recently made a tangerine space machine IPA clone. My original gravity was a little low so I hit about 4.5% alcohol which I like. But then the recipe said to sanitize the tangerine peals in vodka and then place them in the secondary fermenter for about 2 days, which I did. I promptly keg the beer and now I have a funny aftertaste which just taste like bitter essential oil and vodka. I don't like it at all. The funny thing was when I was tasting out of the primary fermenter the beer tasted excellent. It's a great recipe. So my question is what do I do now? Do I just wait? How long? Do I add anything into the keg? Or am I just stuck with beer that taste kind of like Homebrew that's not that good.

Did you get the peels from a homebrew store, or did you peel them yourself? If you did it yourself, did you get all the pith (white stuff) off the peels before you added them?

Back