Vintner’ Harvest purée vs Amoretti craft purée for my first Mellomel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfeller

Reaction score
Vintner’s Harvest purée vs Amoretti craft purée...
has anyone had experience with both of these purées?
Which is better?
I will be splitting a 5 gallon batch and make 2.5 gal of Blackberry and 2.5 gal of Rapberry. Probably will be using a whole 3lb can for each or half a bottle of the Amoretti craft purée per batch as it is supposed to be more concentrated.

Thoughts?

YMMV, but I used 4 cans of Vintners Harvest Strawberry Puree in a batch of strawberry mead, and you literally can't taste them. Taking a look at the Amoretti Artisan flavors to add back some of the missing flavor.

I made an apricot melomel last year using Vintner's Harvest puree. Pretty happy with the initial taste. I let them sit six months before breaking into them so it has about four more months to go.

All the Best,
D. White

I'm using vinters harvest puree (black currant) and the currant wine base in a melomel right now. The tast is very pleasant and very fruit forward.

I use alot of amoretti artisan avors during secondary and have had great success with them.

I tried the puree on the ferment and was slightly disappointed by the final product but when added to a finished traditional for some added flavor on the spot it was fantastic.

Back