very hung over, what could be the cause

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmythefoot

Reaction score
i had three small glasses of my blueberry wheat the other night for the first time. man did i have a bad hangover the next mourning. could it be the hopps or the type of yeast i used. i just can't figure it out. i'll try it again later this week and see if it happens.

has anyone ever experienced this before with a homebrew?

it is fermented at 68. might be a little to high. have to check my yeast info. might start by fermenting at the lowest allowed level and see what happens there.

funny just had a pint last night and nothing. maybe it was something in the first couple of glasses? weird. oh well some much for worrying. alls good.

I seem to get headaches every time I drink and my body does not have enough water...so I drink more water before having a few pints. That solved it for me...

Yeah, you might have been slightly dehydrated already and just not noticed it, and then the beer pushed you over. This has happened to me, espcially if I don't get enough sleep on top of it.

sugary alcohol, dehydration, and cheap beer with preservatives give me headaches.

Tell ya what,
Send me a couple bottles and i will tell ya if i get a hangover.
I havent had a hangover for over 2 years now.

I would love to remember what a hangover feels like.

The trick you wonder of not getting hangovers....Got me! Just dont get them.
I dont drink water, before hand...i just make sure i keep food in my belly and i am good.
Long as its not chili.....

Back