Very first All Grain brew tomorrow...oh boy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaTiger

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be brewing my first all grain brew in my new RoboBrew. I’m sitting here going over the steps and making myself nervous about the whole thing. Any advice for a nervous first timer?

Have fun...and take notes! It's a big step, but nothing to be intimidated by. If you improve something each time, you'll be making great all-grain beer in no time.

Have fun.
I have also just started and turned out some fine beer (according to my own opinion ;) ), and that's with plenty going not according to plan...
Just follow your steps, make plenty notes and enjoy!
And keep us posted

I was under the impression that robobrew was almost completely enclosed and fully automated. Is this an ignorant oversimplification?

actually put it off. Will be doing it in a week or so. Life came up and knocked me down.

Good luck on the brew. I had a similar circumstance a while ago but have gotten three brews down in three weeks. You will get there!

I was under the impression that robobrew was almost completely enclosed and fully automated. Is this an ignorant oversimplification?

Robobrew owner (and automation engineer) here and “fully automated” is a bit in the eye of the beholder. You can program in a step mash schedule, but there are manual steps for removing malt pipe and sparge (if you do so). There is a pump on some models but still a manual switch to run.

I consider it semi-automated. It makes fine beer and works well with how I brew. Definitely not ignorant or an oversimplification.

Back