Various ingredients, what to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimhenning

New-old brewer
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a website or an app that takes what ingredients you have and gives you options on what you can make. My wife found a site like this for making dinner with what she finds in the fridge and I was hoping there was something like that for beer. I have grain, hops and LME lying around and wanted to make a good ale to keg. Nothing fancy, just a good, tasty session ale, but since I'm still fairly new, I can't look at a pile of grain and know what it will turn out to be. I can list what I have but I was hoping for a website or app if anyone knew. Any help out there?

TIA,

Jim

I think you're better off listing what you have and tapping into the expertise of the great people here.

What fun is having a program or computer decide the creativity anyway?

Agreed. What do you have?!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ok so for grain:

6# Rahr 6 row malt
6kg biscuit malt
.5 kg jumbo oats
2# briess bonlander munich malt
1# briess carapils malt
.5# belgian debittered black malt
.5# englist dark crystal malt
.5# english foasted barley malt
.5# chocolate malt
1 lb crystal candy sugar
1 lb plain amber dme
6 lb rye malt LME

I have tons of hops (magnum, casecade, simcoe, northern brewer, etc) so hops are not an issue

I was planning on doing a tripel or dubel hence the candy sugar, but want to do a quick extract session beer to keg for a poker game coming up in a bit...

ideas? THanks guys!

For a quick extract batch, you're more limited on what you have. Ie, you'd use your rye malt extract.

How about a rye pale or ipa. Bitter with magnum and use the cascade/simcoe for flavor aroma. You could steep some of your crystal malt for a little color if you want.

This doesn't use up much if your stuff but should turn out a good, easy brew.

What yeasts do you have on hand?

For a quick extract batch, you're more limited on what you have. Ie, you'd use your rye malt extract.

How about a rye pale or ipa. Bitter with magnum and use the cascade/simcoe for flavor aroma. You could steep some of your crystal malt for a little color if you want.

This doesn't use up much if your stuff but should turn out a good, easy brew.

What yeasts do you have on hand?

-----
a bunch of SAFALE 05, all dry yeast, but several different packets, I'm out in England and they have satchets of plain dry ale yeast.

Back