• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kentucky Various cigar box stir plates $50.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrowland74

Reaction score
These stir plates were made from cigar boxes. The speed is very adjustable. When the knob is turned all the way down, it is off. As you can see in the photos, you can have a small dimple, a large vortex, or anything in between. I did not glue down the magnet (included) so you can fine tune it based on your stir bar. Some say that the magnet must be glued down, but I have not yet had one move and like the ability to change magnet size if needed. I'll leave that up to you, though.

I will keep one picture of each available stir plate on this original post. Please scroll down to see additional pictures of each.

$50 each, shipped to you (CONUS only). This price is firm. I have been making these because I have a lot of free time on my hands. I was injured at work and am not working nearly as many hours as I typically would. I found I truly enjoy making these to pass the time, and could also use a little money to help make ends meet since I can no longer work any overtime. I am really not making much profit on these, though. Just a small amount for my time. It's mostly just therapeutic. Thanks for looking!

*flask and stir bar not included

20150501_185408.jpg

20150418_203720.jpg

20150424_171226.jpg

20150503_190833.jpg

Very nice. Will these handle a 5L flask?

Unfortunately, I do not have a 5L flask to try. I think it would work as long as your stir bar is large enough. I will see if I can find something around the house to try it with when I get a chance.

How big of a flask do you have running on number 2? And the price includes shipping?

Very nice. Will these handle a 5L flask?

I can't seem to find anything close to 5L here, but I hooked up a 15V power supply to one and it was crazy fast and made a huge vortex in my 2L erlenmeyer flask, so I think it would work for a 5L.

I have a 180mm brushless fan that I can hook up to the 15V if you would like me to make one for you. I have a couple of boxes it would fit in if your interested. The fans are only 12V though...

I just added new photos in the top few posts if anyone else is interested. :mug:

I can't seem to find anything close to 5L here, but I hooked up a 15V power supply to one and it was crazy fast and made a huge vortex in my 2L erlenmeyer flask, so I think it would work for a 5L.

I have a 180mm brushless fan that I can hook up to the 15V if you would like me to make one for you. I have a couple of boxes it would fit in if your interested. The fans are only 12V though...

I have zero knowledge of electrical, so what issue do you see with a 12V fan attached to a 15V power supply?

Still available... Also, if you have a specific enclosure in mind, let me know and I might be able to find it... I have made one out of an X-Box 360 HD-DVD drive, and will probably make one from a Glock case soon... The possibilities are endless!

For some reason I cannot edit the above posts to show #2 as being sold. Once the other 3 are sold I will close this thread. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

These stir plates were made from cigar boxes. The speed is very adjustable. When the knob is turned all the way down, it is off. As you can see in the photos, you can have a small dimple, a large vortex, or anything in between. I did not glue down the magnet (included) so you can fine tune it based on your stir bar. Some say that the magnet must be glued down, but I have not yet had one move and like the ability to change magnet size if needed. I'll leave that up to you, though.

I will keep one picture of each available stir plate on this original post. Please scroll down to see additional pictures of each.

$50 each, shipped to you (CONUS only). This price is firm. I have been making these because I have a lot of free time on my hands. I was injured at work and am not working nearly as many hours as I typically would. I found I truly enjoy making these to pass the time, and could also use a little money to help make ends meet since I can no longer work any overtime. I am really not making much profit on these, though. Just a small amount for my time. It's mostly just therapeutic. Thanks for looking!

*flask and stir bar not included

Payment sent for #4

Payment sent for #4

Package is scheduled for pick-up tomorrow. Estimated delivery date is Monday. Shipping info should be in your e-mail. Thanks! :mug:

#1 and #3 are still available

Are these powerful enough to spin a 1 gal jug, that's what I use for my starters with anywhere from 2-3.5L starters. Well that's because I don't have a stirplate so I guess is the magnet strong enough to work through the thicker glass. If u need cigar boxes Lmk. Lol. Oh if I send u one maybe a special one could u make it out of that.

Are these powerful enough to spin a 1 gal jug, that's what I use for my starters with anywhere from 2-3.5L starters. Well that's because I don't have a stirplate so I guess is the magnet strong enough to work through the thicker glass. If u need cigar boxes Lmk. Lol. Oh if I send u one maybe a special one could u make it out of that.

It is powerful enough for a 1 gallon jug. The problem you might find is that most jugs have a domed bottom and it is hard to get a stir bar to balance. Not impossible, just challenging. You likely won't need that large of a starter with a stir plate, though because it is much more effective than manual swirling. If you have a specific cigar box you would like used, that would be fine. If it isn't rare, you can let me know what kind it is and I can try to find one here to save on shipping cost. Otherwise, I would be happy to make one from whatever you send.

It is powerful enough for a 1 gallon jug. The problem you might find is that most jugs have a domed bottom and it is hard to get a stir bar to balance. Not impossible, just challenging. You likely won't need that large of a starter with a stir plate, though because it is much more effective than manual swirling. If you have a specific cigar box you would like used, that would be fine. If it isn't rare, you can let me know what kind it is and I can try to find one here to save on shipping cost. Otherwise, I would be happy to make one from whatever you send.

Ok I also have a 2L flask as well. Well b in touch at some point as I've been meaning to get a stir plate for the longest time. And I love cigars so I like what you're doing there.

Ok I also have a 2L flask as well. Well b in touch at some point as I've been meaning to get a stir plate for the longest time. And I love cigars so I like what you're doing there.

Sounds good. Just let me know when you're ready.

I would be interested in #3. Please send me your Paypal info. Thanks.

Package is scheduled for pick-up tomorrow. Estimated delivery date is Monday. Shipping info should be in your e-mail. Thanks! :mug:

#1 and #3 are still available

Got here safe and sound. Great packaging and fast shipment. thanks again.

The only problem I have is my stirbar being delivered from China via rowboat manned by a guy with a bad arm.

Glad you got it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Sorry you have to wait for your stir bar. Same guy must have delivered mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back