Using Phenolic Slurry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have that info but I guess assume its not phenolic from infection.

If it's not phenolic from infection (or even if it is), whatever caused the phenolics should still be present unless it's due to something like water chemistry I suppose. Generally, phenolics come from yeast strain, stressed yeast (and that is also generally strain dependent) or infection. If that is the cause, then yes, the slurry would also cause the phenolics in subsequent batches. If it's due to chlorophenols, from chlorine in the brewing water, then maybe the phenols would not be present in subsequent batches but I don't know that for a fact.

If it's not phenolic from infection (or even if it is), whatever caused the phenolics should still be present unless it's due to something like water chemistry I suppose. Generally, phenolics come from yeast strain, stressed yeast (and that is also generally strain dependent) or infection. If that is the cause, then yes, the slurry would also cause the phenolics in subsequent batches. If it's due to chlorophenols, from chlorine in the brewing water, then maybe the phenols would not be present in subsequent batches but I don't know that for a fact.

That's about what I figured. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back