Using a Spike coil with SS Brewtech Unitank.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCBeerMedic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw it posted here and I can't find it now, and yes I searched.... It basically told how and what size Spike coil to use with a Unitank. I'm getting a 14 gallon, per SS the smallest batch they say I can cool is around 8 gallons. I want to be able to do 5 gallons, 3 if possible for testing recipes. But I also want to make my 10-12 gallons. Can anyone help me?

You will also need to factor the height of your thermowell. I am not sure about the unitanks but the 14 gal Chronical thermowell is located at the 5.5 gal mark.

I was messaging SS brewtech about their chiller coils a few months ago and they told me they had something in the works pertaining to their coils, but couldn’t share more info. Hopefully this issue is addressed.

I saw it posted here and I can't find it now, and yes I searched.... It basically told how and what size Spike coil to use with a Unitank. I'm getting a 14 gallon, per SS the smallest batch they say I can cool is around 8 gallons. I want to be able to do 5 gallons, 3 if possible for testing recipes. But I also want to make my 10-12 gallons. Can anyone help me?
Did you get the Unitank?

off topic, but If you end up wanting to sell a SS brewtech chiller coil let me know. I’ve been looking forever and unfortunately they don’t sell them separate.

Have you asked them directly? I damaged one of the brew bucket coils which they dont sell separate either. I told them I dropped it and they created a invoice with a replacement for me.

Have you asked them directly? I damaged one of the brew bucket coils which they dont sell separate either. I told them I dropped it and they created a invoice with a replacement for me.

I emailed them direct asking if they would sell me one separate. They told me no. They did ask if there was anything wrong with the one I had and I told them no.

Back