UPS just arrived!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
...and would you look at what he dropped off at my front door! :rockin:
:mug:

Barley Crusher 132.JPG
Barley Crusher 133.JPG

I'll be breaking it in tomorrow with 25 lbs of Marris Otter and another 5 lbs in specialty grains.

For those of you that have The Barley Crusher, anything I should know?

Brewtopia said:
...and would you look at what he dropped off at my front door! :rockin:
:mug:

View attachment 2334
View attachment 2333

I'll be breaking it in tomorrow with 25 lbs of Marris Otter and another 5 lbs in specialty grains.

Why did you order a pic of Bogie ???

Kidding - really nice. You should really enjoy it, plus you'll pay for it by being able to order sacks of whole, instead of pounds of crushed.

Originally posted by Brewpastor
So, I have to ask, where did you have to move the bed in order to fit that in your house?
What bed? I sleep in the bathtub...

when I'm not using it as a mashtun. :D

Brewtopia said:

After I break into your condo tonight you won't have a Barley Crusher anymore, that's all you need to know. :D :D

Brewtopia said:
What bed? I sleep in the bathtub...

when I'm not using it as a mashtun. :D

LMFAO!!! That one piece of equipment would solve all my brewing frustrations. Looks nice.

The UPS guy has been busy! Got mine Wed! Gotta re-cut my keg tops (to fit the false bottom in), drill & install my bulkheads, & then get some raw materials to totally screw up. Beer by Labor Day!

Sully

Did the little black O Ring fall off? I was worried at first but it seems common to the Barley Crusher. I have adjusted mine down a bit to .033 and not stuck mashes yet.

Did you hand crank all the grain?

Originally posted by Blender
Did the little black O Ring fall off? I was worried at first but it seems common to the Barley Crusher. I have adjusted mine down a bit to .033 and not stuck mashes yet.

Did you hand crank all the grain?

No problems with the O ring. I hooked mine up to a power drill which seemed to work great.

I love mine! My little black O-ring came off ~3-4 batch and I never replaced it b/c most people told me "that happens" and not to worry. Been using it for two years now sans O-ring with no problems!

Brewtopia said:

Yes...a few important points:

1. This machine rocks FACES.
  2. That little black o-ring is supposedly just for factory adjustment purposes, and it'll probably fall off within 3 uses. Just to be sure you don't lose it in your mash (like I almost did), I'd suggest cutting it off now.
  3. Ummm...this machine rocks FACES!

Welcome to the BC club, brother! :mug: We're a scraggly, ramshackle bunch, but we know how to brew some damn beer. :tank:

Latest posts

Back