Updates on Charlie Talley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield43

Reaction score
Charlie Talley for those of you who don't know, is the inventor of Star San, PBW and many other handy cleaning and sanitation products for home and professional brewers.
You may not have heard but he left Five Star Chemicals, makers of Star San, PBW and other handy compounds.
He now works in the oil and gas industry at Ideal Energy Solutions.
One of his inventions is an environmentally safe, nonflammable thinner for bitumen that should be able to prevent tragedies like the disaster that happened in Lac-Megantic.
I contacted him and asked if he still answered homebrew questions.
He responded:
Yes I do. I am always available brewing in general is a kick.
So put my information out to as many people as you want

Cheers

What a cool guy!
Charlie's new email is [email protected]
I asked him about my jockey box situation and he responded, on a weekend no less, with a low cost solution I had not thought of.
If there is a homebrew hall of fame, Charlie needs to be in it.

Charlie has been on many podcasts and has given many, many good tips on Five Star products and cleaning and sanitation in general. And he's a real hoot. I'm sure he'll be missed at Five Star. It's incredible that he's making himself available for brewing questions even now. Definitely a classy guy.

Back